cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small suggestion for Member Centre login page

grahamt
Rising Star

Small suggestion for Member Centre login page

(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Mods - feel free to move if necessary.)
I've got a small suggestion for when the login page for the Member Centre is next redesigned. (This may have been suggested before, but if so I've not seen it.)
Could the box for 'Provider' be placed either to the right or to the left of the boxes for 'Username' and 'Password'? I don't mind which side it goes.
At the moment it's in the middle. For most Member Centre users, who are with the default 'Plusnet'  provider, this means having to move or tab past it when we go from entering our username to entering our password. This isn't a big problem, but it's just a tiny bit annoying.
Even for people who are with Madasafish or one of the other providers in the group I don't see that the change would cause any problems. But maybe I'm missing something - if so, I'm sure someone here will tell me.
Graham
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Small suggestion for Member Centre login page

It is in the correct place and for the benefit of other - the ones who use autologin - this is what it looks like
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

OldJim,
By what criteria do you suggest that it is in the 'correct' place as opposed to 'it is where it is'?
I suggest that the point the OP is trying to make, is that the current arrangement requires an extra keystroke (tab) to enter the logon details when there is no need to alter the default value for the provider.  Re-sequencing the fields would make use of the form easier for those for whom the default provider name is correct.
The current key sequence of
<username><tab><tab><password>
Would become
<username><tab><password>
What might be lost by altering the form layout as the OP proposed which would lead one to conclude that the present layout is correct whereas (by inference) the change would be incorrect?
Whether this would be proficient use of PNs development resources is a consideration, but that is something quite different to correctness.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

He meant the post is in the right place in response to:
Quote from: grahamt
(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Mods - feel free to move if necessary.)

To me it would make more sense if the provider box was first.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Jelv,
DoooH!!!  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Thank you for pointing out my miss understanding.
OldJim,
SORRY!!!!  Lips_are_sealed  Lips_are_sealed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Obviously a slack day in the world of the internet & cyberspace. Roll_eyes
Personally I use auto login so I'm not too concerned about the layout. More of a worry is that having just lost a wicket Trott has been dropped on 0! Undecided