cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow / NO Broadband since 5th feb 2014

gillygriffiths

Slow / NO Broadband since 5th feb 2014

Despite 7 BT engineers investigating and 3 not turning up at all, we still are without our Super Fast fibre broadband,.....however 
BT Open Reach turned up today, unannounced, they said they had difficulty finding us ! We have updated every engineer that has been to visit (or not) us the make notes on their system and low and behold, the next engineer cannot find us!
So I questioned the two engineers about this on going fault, they where new to the fault apparently, upon further questioning they did not have knowledge of the previous faults and engineer visits, They are allocated the job as a fault and investigate, without any history of our fault.
This is absolutely ridiculous, pathetic, amateurish,  unprofessional, poor service offered by your (my) supplier BT Open Reach.
No wonder it takes so long to rectify a fault if they start from scratch everytime
They start their investigation and I find them down a manhole searching for a fault .... they locate a junction box under water and full of water with corroded connectors. They fix it and visit our house and declare the fault rectified.
My Partner informs me that the speed is 3MB, on my return its now 1.4 MB
Fault repaired, well I'm indebted to BT OR  for their sterling work  NOT!!!!!!
This is now beyond a joke and is causing me and my family great distress, my son cannot access his GCSE revision websites, we cannot use our TV services to stream content, I have made over 25 calls to you,averaging 20 waiting on the phone listening to a loop of inane Eightees music, thats over 500 minutes WAITING before I get to talk to someone to register my dis-satisfaction/ or lack of  broadband.
To send and receive vital emails I have to travel 5 miles to a public hotspot.
We pay you £40 /month .... £40 / month for what ?
Following my conversation with BT engineers it appears there is no continuity at BT to enable the fault to be identified, investigated and resolved. Its beyond words you and your parent company should hang your collective heads in shame
Rectify this fault NOW
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Slow / NO Broadband since 5th feb 2014

Hi gillygriffiths,
I'm really sorry for the problems that you're currently experiencing with the fault on your telephone service which affecting your broadband. I can only apologise for the amount of engineers and for the amount of time it has taken to carry out the work to date.
I will pass on your comments to our suppliers to help them improve the way in which engineers are assigned faults workflows - I can't promise that I'll hear anything back as this is generally dealt with internally. Once the fault has been resolved, we will look at getting a good will gesture added to your account due to the inconvenience that this fault has caused you.
The fault is with our suppliers and further work is required. As soon as we get a further notification from our suppliers we'll provide you with an update.
KK
Grafter

gilly - I think that what ChrisPettitt really means is that it is impossible to provide a universal phone and internet service at the prices which are currently charged.  The technology continues to advance in leaps and bounds, and we are all becoming more and more dependent upon the idea of a cheap and reliable internet.
The motor industry went through a similar sort of growth, and nowadays cars are, on the whole, pretty reliable, and garages, on the whole, offer a reasonable quality of service.
Collectively, we have come to terms with the idea that cars are, for most of us, an expensive necessity and in return it is usually possible to find a quick solution to any kind of vehicle failure.
The internet is still in its infancy and, for the time being, we should all try to reduce our dependency.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: KK
gilly - I think that what ChrisPettitt really means is that it is ...... <snipped>

Whilst many of the attributes of current telephony and Internet provision may  be true,  I can see no evidence to suggest that the Plusnet employee you reference (or any other for that matter) holds those views.  The opinions are yours.  It may provide a useful topic to debate but do be careful who you attribute things to.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.