cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleight of hand

greenginger
Dabbler

Sleight of hand

You invite referrals but when the product referred is about to be dropped.......you don't send the email. Nasty. Cynical and nasty.
7 REPLIES 7
greenginger
Dabbler

Re: Sleight of hand

BTW Sent a message to support this morning:
I initiated a referral on 8/11 but no referring email was sent by plusnet. I repeated the process at at a later date and a referral email was then sent by plusnet. However, the package I was recommending (Residential Unlimited) was found to be discontinued. Therefore I must conclude that the initial referral email was not sent because Plusnet was intending to withdraw that package and did not wish to encourage sign-up. Furthermore, you have given the impression that I recommend your current range of products - I do not.
Therefore Plusnet must either offer the referred package to my referral 'partner' or draw up a final statement in respect of my account as I will not stay with any service provider who practices 'sleight of hand'.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Therefore I must conclude that the initial referral email was not sent because Plusnet was intending to withdraw that package and did not wish to encourage sign-up

This wouldn't be the case, I can't say what the issue was as honestly I don't know but we wouldn't have stopped sending the emails out.
Do you have the person you referreds account details to hand? I'd be happy to move them on to unlimited however they'd need to sign up for a normal account first. If you drop me a message on here via PM with their account details once they are signed up and active I'll be happy to move them over.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@greenginger
Don't forget that the Unlimited is (and always was) Up to 8MB!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
greenginger
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Chris, if that is a firm undertaking then I shall ask this evening and see how the ground lies. To be clear we are talking about the (old) Plusnet Unlimited residential package together with Talk Anytime at around £30 per month. Does that tally with your thinking?
I sometimes dream of 8MB! Welcome to west Cornwall.....if I stand up I'm looking at Tresco!
Mand
Grafter

Yep, that's fine. We can arrange that, but as Chris says your referral would need to sign up for an existing account first.
greenginger
Dabbler

Hi Chris
I've PMd the details to you. Can you keep me posted?
Regards
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, I'll reply to your PM shortly too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.