cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Six weeks and still no phone or broadband!

eddrose

Six weeks and still no phone or broadband!

How long can it take for Plusnet to connect to a flat? Six weeks since I ordered it and still no progress. What did they win their awards for again?
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Six weeks and still no phone or broadband!

welcome to the Forum
PN have to order the service from BT Wholesale, who then order the work from BT Openreach.
it depend on the conditions on your local exchange and upon access to your flat, some exchanges are particularly full and it is difficult.
Last year the Poplar exchange in London had a very bad problem and could not accept new lines for several months.

try this to see what it says for your flat  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html  you will have to use the Postcode or Address option
eddrose

Thanks Pierre. The link shows that broadband should be fine in my area. Other people in my block of flats have had BB installed with no problem. Communication between PS and their suppliers BT seems poor. PN contact them when I phone to get an update and BT always say come back in 24 hours. By then my problem seems to drop off PN's radar and I don't hear from them until I phone again - and around we go in the same old loop!  Very frustrating down here in Cornwall. We have trains and electricity down here now you know!!! BB must be a step too far...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi eddrose,
I've just chased this with our suppliers. It looks like the delay is being caused by the need for some new D side pairs (final stretch of cable between the green street cabinet and the telegraph closest to you). Some new equipment engineering work will be needed to rectify this. I'm sorry this is taking a while but I've been advised we should be able to update you at the start of next week so I'll make sure we get back to you then.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
I've spoken with our suppliers today who advised that work for the cable replacement is at the planning stage today and should be completed by the end of this week. I'll make sure I chase this up after 48 hours to get you another update.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pedro1874

So my 23 day wait doesn't look so bad now  Embarrassed Embarrassed Undecided Cry
jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I know how you feel pedro,i went through the same waiting game with BT,but it was worth the wait. Smiley
https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi eddrose,
Just making sure you've seem the update to ticket  47307203.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team