cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Situation resolved for long standing customer who before today loved Plusnet.

Grimbleweed
Grafter

Situation resolved for long standing customer who before today loved Plusnet.

Today has been a nightmare
Booked engineer visit to install fibre 80/20 some weeks ago - then rang to confirm a week later to make sure everything was ok.
No problems received answer on site to confirm.  So today took unpaid leave to be at home from 1.00 pm till 6.00 - I was actually here from 12:30 pm.   My elderly mother was also in and whilst house bound can always open the door and always does.
Rang Plusnet at 3 ish to make sure engineer was coming.  No problem they said and confirmed that the appointment was booked for today.  rang at 17:25. Initial call was taken and then passed to another dept who still said that the engineer would attend by 18:00 - rang at 6:00 to be told that the appointment wasn't for today but for a future date!!!!!! Then passed to another department who said that was wrong and that the date had been changed by Openreach.  When asked why the comment was that the engineer couldn't get access to the property.  I was on my computer looking out of the window for 5 hrs waiting for them. And my Internet usage will show that.  LIARS.
They are saying that I will have to take another day off.
I've had about enough of this nonsense from utility companies - surely there is something we can do to stop this absolute waste of ou money.  My son is a Sky engineer and they lose money if they don't do the jobs they have allocated.
I am waiting now for a response and some sensible outcome - said I wanted fitting between 4 and 6 they said impossible!!
I am definitely going to send them an invoice for time and costs - rather like BT who charge £130 if you aren't in when they call.
25 REPLIES 25
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Re: Another very upset long standing customer who before today loved Plusnet.

Now I have looked properly through the forum I see I am not alone.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Grimbleweed
I see I am not alone.

Which of course is the nature of Forums; very few people come here to say how well it went.  Wink
That said, you don't (realistically) have a claim yet - so don't send that invoice, it won't get paid. Having taken time off (now pointlessly), which you would have done for the install anyway, it's now up to "your supplier" to rectify the situation by completing the work at minimal inconvenience to you. You also have a duty (as enshrined in many legal cases) to be reasonable and to assist in minimising costs and losses overall.
BUT if the rearranged appointment(s) result in unavoidable costs to you,  you may well have a claim from the effects of THAT appointment, not the original - that would have happened anyway.  Wink
Plus of course any losses resulting from the delay.
So, don't "jump the gun", but be reasonable and do make sure that anything arranged in future is done to suit you and/or "your supplier" agrees to cover your consequential losses.
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Thanks for your advice - had same issue with Thames Water who just didn't turn up and a delivery company who had agreed an extra for a specific time and date bu didn't make that either - not today of course - just so frustrating and I will not be to get weekdays off as I am a teacher an Have to be at work every day unless sick - chose this day because it co-incided with another event.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If Monday to Friday is unsuitable for a rearranged appointment ask for one on a Saturday.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have a read of http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Going to today thanks - hopefully PN will come up with a mutually agreeable solution this morning Case No.  60874872.
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Not a good day so far - excuses have cahned and no further forward - how can it take 48hrs to even get a new appointment?
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Thought you'd like an update.  As at 4.40 tonight I am more confused and exasperated by the inadequate answers given by PN and their seemingly subservient relationship with Openreach.  I received updates today which I had hoped would start to resolve the matter but instead weave a web of deceit and a ;lack of clarity about what seems to have happened.
I.    Yesterday No engineer despite my ringing on several occasions. Last post to me in the evening confirms that OR engineer attended site but could not get access - this was bound to upset me because I knew I was there.t
2.    Today told that an engineer was never allocated the job EVEN though it was booked as a job for 10/10  - my response was to ask how come the engineer reported no access when he was never given the job  -  answer SYSTEM ERROR.
3.    Why cant someone just give me a new appointment - it seems that the only people who run this show are OR.
The next date on my email says being looked at on Monday at 7.00 am.
I have had verbal agreement that PN have failed in their contractual duty - but the assistant somehow forgot to put this in the confirmation email.
They also say that they cannot escalate this - only OR can - the letter is full of jargon that PN could not explain to me.
Who can I contact at PN to help me? Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've asked Adam to pick this up and do what he can for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Chris asked me to look at this earlier so sorry I've not been able to reply until now.
We're very sorry that the engineer visit wasn't fulfilled. It's clear that some conflicting information has arisen about the reason for this and I will strive to push this back to our suppliers again for clarification on that point as that is our issue to worry about and take on ourselves I'm just sorry that this has impacted you as a result.
Moving forward I can see that you've requested an appointment for this Saturday, I am going to pick this case up from here and will do all I can to try and arrange that, however I don't wish to set an expectation that we can definitely achieve that at this point.
I will definitely promise to take the bull by the horns with this one as much as we're able to and I will be in touch by phone tomorrow with a further update.
Please let me know if there's any other aspects of this you feel unclear or have any concerns about and I'll address those points for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Now had emails from Adam and spoke to James - very helpful and informative - lets hope what they are pursuing will bear fruit.  Thank you for your attention gentlemen. I would love to post another positive comment tomorrow!
Grimbleweed
Grafter

I would like to report a postive day - BUT CANT - James rang me earlier saying he had escaled to H something and was hopeful of a response but would ring me later - nor had email from Adam saying nothings changed !!!!! I am absolutely gobsmacked - they are still offering my an appointment for two weeks time on a Friday which I can't make as I am a teacher - what do I do ????
These OR people are a joke and it seems that PN just have to sit there and make excuses.
James - Adam please answer this.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When's half term? If they can't offer you a Saturday they'll have to book you an appointment then.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Grimbleweed
Grafter

Away at half term - school trip - so unless I back out of that !!!  Anyway I understood that they have to offer me an appointment that I can make!  BTW  nobody is responding to PM's now.  So it's a sad situation.
Will have to now escalate to whoever?? I thought James was THE MAN to get things sorted.  I understand that it is very difficult for them but OR just lied when they said someone had come but no one was in!
Then changed their story the next day to SYSTEM ERROR and then today its was a RESOURCES ISSUE.  Why won't someone tell the truth.  If i didn't turn up at work then 30 9 year oldsand their families would be put out -
I would probably be disciplined for not giving notice - I cant see me saying there was a system error being accepted as a valid excuse.
I'm tired - its the weekend and I was hopeful of a resolution tomorrow.
Can anyone help me with a next step??