Could some-one please restore the BB speed to what is was
and what it states it should be  ?
19 REPLIES 19
magnetism2772
Grafter

Re: Since cancellation of DD my BB speed has been tampered with

I'll recheck the speed  later when I have the opportunity
plusnet do check my speeds, your welcome
by the way I will instruct my bank again as I will only be paying two thirds for BB this period as  I only received 2/3rds the 'normal service '

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi giro,
Cancelling your direct debit would have had no effect on the speeds of your line, these are dictated by standard rules from the exchange equipment.
If you're having problems with your speed then you are best to raise a faults ticket for us to investigate at http://faults.plus.net

by the way I will instruct my bank again as I will only be paying two thirds for BB this period as  I only received 2/3rds the 'normal service '

We don't sell products on the speed you receive and as you haven't told us you have had any problems we haven't been able to try and resolve it. Also is appears we're actually giving you higher than the speed estimate you received when you first signed up. Instructing your bank to cancel/amend the DD amount is likely to cause problems with the billing on your account so please don't do this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Cancelling your direct debit would have had no effect on the speeds of your line, these are dictated by standard rules from the exchange equipment.
If you're having problems with your speed then you are best to raise a faults ticket for us to investigate at http://faults.plus.net

by the way I will instruct my bank again as I will only be paying two thirds for BB this period as  I only received 2/3rds the 'normal service '
We don't sell products on the speed you receive and as you haven't told us you have had any problems we haven't been able to try and resolve it. Instructing your bank to cancel/amend the DD amount is likely to cause problems with the billing on your account so please don't do this

strangely when plusnet removed the restriction .after re-deciding to stay and pay my bill
my speed from that moment on was reduced to around 2Mb
i have raised the issue here due to the fact of the 4weeks its been this way indeed immediately the speed was puled back up ie the time i paid the  bill
We don't sell products on the speed

i will not pay for what i have not received
so please can you fix the problem ?
without excuses ?
Chris
Legend

We're more than happy to investigate and resolve any fault on your line, however we ask that you go through the faults checker as we need to ensure standard tests are performed first. If you can complete the faults checker at http://faults.plus.net we'll investigate this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
magnetism2772
Grafter

i dont have the whole day to ask for my speed to be lifted
as you've put the ball back into my court
i'll take that to mean your not going to do it
------------------------end of transmission------------------
Chris
Legend

There is no way for us to simply lift the speed your line is connecting at, there is no restriction placed by us on this. Unfortunately we do need some tests and information hence my request for the faults checker. I've already performed a couple of line tests but they aren;t flagging any problems with the line.
The only thing we can try from here, without a fault being raised, is an SNR reset which will kick the line back into the initial 10 day training period. If you want me to try that please let me know.
magnetism2772
Grafter

plusnet managed to restrict my product low enough
that it would no longer work
but they did not manage to restore it back to what it
was when i decided to  go ahead and purchase it
i also now understand why plusnet want control of peoples telephone line
as you control the line and bb capability that is unfortunately running on it
this is not a matter for me but a matter for you

its down to you to restore it
i shall recheck the speed on it tomorrow to see if you were able to do that
i cant spend further time on dealing with it
matt_2k34
Grafter

girl
Go here
will tell you what Plusnets profile is.. id expect it to read 2500 (this will mean thats the max you can get)
if you do a BT speed test, it will tell you of the profile on their end.
You have probably had a few disconnects and the DLM (at the BT exchange) has dropped your speed to compensate for the disconnects..
Chris
Legend

Hi Matt,
I've checked that and they're both matching at 3000.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

To be honest I see no speedtest proof here, No router stat's etc..etc.. I think this character Is just deliberately trying to be awkward, Surprised He Is still allowed to post on this forum after last nights behaviour. Exchange contention maybe?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Apologies chris, wasnt meaning to tread on your toes ^_^
do your records show giro connecting quicker previously than now?
@steve
Everyone deserves a second chance, attempting to help all members of the forum is something you should be aspiring too (if you dont want to help and have nothing 'good' to say to said person, it may be better to not 'say' anything..)
Regards
magnetism2772
Grafter

To be honest I see no speedtest proof here, No router stat's etc..etc.. I think this character Is just deliberately trying to be awkward, Surprised He Is still allowed to post on this forum after last nights behaviour. Exchange contention maybe?

plusnet can accept  advice from any quarter  (although I wouldnt in the above instance )
with your interventions  its pulled up a little
but not to where it was before you restricted my BB
to where it was unusable a month ago
however fr all practical purposes its 1MB below what it was  
take it or leave it
its a shambles
I'm giving up on it
it will be restricted again
Once  I reduce this months  payment
as  I did not receive my normal service
I have to leave it to you  i've work to do
matt_2k34
Grafter

giro - please Finish your post before clicking Post...
i keep coming back and your post has got longer and longer...
Altering your DD will have a detremental affect on your service. (You WILL be cut off)
a profile of 3000 will give you throughput of around ~2600kbit, which is why your seeing that sort of speed...
Can you do have you have been advised at least twice, and open a fault ticket if you wish to deal with your speed issue.
I am guessing the problem has arisen from several connection drops (profile has been set to 3000, at BTs end (e.g. out of PlusNets hands)) have you been switching your router off at night, or during the day? This will be seen as a 'drop' and as such - may have caused a lower profile be selected for your line.
magnetism2772
Grafter

Altering your DD will have a detremental affect on your service. (to late, my prior service has not worked from the same day  such a thing happened)
because its shoddy I'm no longer concerned about your service plusnet
dont bother me with it
either fix it , or leave it alone
but I wont do your work
but I do know that it started the minute you restricted / released my BB
I'm going to ask advice on watchdog in another time slot  
you'll have to  carry on the debate without me