cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up to migrate to plusnet but better offer to stay with talktalk uummm

parsnip

Signed up to migrate to plusnet but better offer to stay with talktalk uummm

I signed up to migrate to plusnet thursday. Talktalk must have already been alerted that I am leaving as I have already had two calls offering me better deals to stay.
As i have been loyal to talktalk they have offered to undercut plusnet by £4 a month for the same package. Much cheaper than I am paying now too!
I appreciate price is not eveything but would appreciate oppinions.
So should I stay or should I come to plusnet and why?
12 REPLIES 12
ariosto
Dabbler

Re: Signed up to migrate to plusnet but better offer to stay with talktalk uummm

Well, I am thinking of going to talk-talk, or maybe John Lewis, as I've had nothing but grief with Plusnet recently. PN used to be very good, now not so, and not cheap either.
So you take your chances, but when going to a new ISP it's usually a minimum of a year's contract. Staying with TT you can presumably leave with a months notice, if things don't improve?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Signed up to migrate to plusnet but better offer to stay with talktalk uummm

or maybe John Lewis
You might want to be aware that John Lewis BB is provided by PlusNet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: ariosto
Staying with TT you can presumably leave with a months notice, if things don't improve?

Not if TT have offered special pricing as this is likely to involve re-contracting for at least another 12 months.
parsnip

Yes it would be a one year contract with Talk talk to get that deal
AlaricAdair
Champion

TT offer a cheap service.  If nothing goes wrong you'll be okay.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you received an email with full details of the offer?
David
parsnip

yes I have but as my internet has been droppping the connection all afternoon I think I will give plus net a go. This is why I want to change when it works I get great speeds but regularly have days when it disconnects all the time.
pwatson
Rising Star

Why do think changing ISP will help?  Disconnects are caused by the performance of your telephone line so will be common to any supplier...
parsnip

Because I am pretty sure there is nothing at all wrong with my line,  I do suspect talktalk fiddle about with my profile somehow everytime I want to leave, offer a new router which they assure will sort out my problem with of course a new contract and for 12 months or so. everything is then  fine until around renewal time when I inform them I am going to leave and it all starts again!
ariosto
Dabbler

I tried John Lewis helpline and they answered in 3.5 minutes on a Sunday morning. Plusnet 1 hour.
parsnip

As Talktalk have failed to send full detials of their retention offer by mail I have opted to continue with my transfer to plusnet. Hope everything goes as predicted.
jimbof
Grafter

Quote from: AlaricAdair
If nothing goes wrong you'll be okay.

My parents are with TalkTalk LLU and the two times they've had physical line faults we've logged a fault online via their portal (from my house) and someone from Openreach ahs fixed the lines in a couple of days tops - and in once case on a Sunday. 
Having said that, if we hadn't been able to complete the online fault report I don't know how things would have gone.  But anyway, my parents have been very happy with them.
I only moved away because I felt the TV offering was causing performance issues for our connection, and the fibre offerings weren't particularly attractive.