cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of this

goberpiles
Grafter

Sick of this

It pains me to have to write in the rants and raves section as I am not a complainer, but I am at my wits end with Plusnet and I cant take any more.
I joined Plusnet back on 23rd March from Sky and picked up the Pro package and the phone.
After a while it was apperent that I just could not stick to Pro as I was over the 15gb limit so I moved to unlimited, now I researched this and was told I would not have any issues with my online gaming, World Of Warcraft and Fifa 09 on the PS3.  As soon as I got moved I had issues, Fifa 09 was unplayable online, if I managed to actually get into a game I would get extreme lag and finally get kicked from the server.  Spoke to support who told me to submit a wireshark capture, which I had already said was impossible without me spending money on wireless cards etc.  In the end I gave up as Fifa 10 was due around 6 weeks after.  I had also had issues with WOW being laggy, web pages not loading and You Tube being unwatchable.
Fifa 10 finally arrived and exactly the same issue as with 09 I cant play it online with unlimited, spent a good 3-4 weeks complaning about it and the Premium package got released, got swapped to this and still I cant play the game AT ALL after around 6 weeks from the initial Fifa 10 issue I get put onto the Pro traffic managment and right away EVERY issue is fixed, Fifa 10 runs like a dream, I have played more of less everynight for two weeks.  No lag in WOW and web pages all fine.
Come Monday I get put back onto the Premium traffic managment and bang connection is gone I cant play Fifa again, WOW is laggy as hell, web pages not loading fully and You Tube slow again. 
So I have now sent 3 messeges to Bob Pullen who had moved me back to Premium on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday which have all been ignored, posted in two threads in the forum and been ignored, what have I got to do to get a reply?
Its obvious that a problem exists with the Premium service for the Fifa 10, the Wireshark capture was sent to PN 6 weeks ago!
If I want my mac code how much is it going to cost me to get away because quite frankly I am at my wits end, letting my fellow team members down on Fifa night after night is a pain, and having to game with lag is just not good enough, it seems the Premium package may have a new name but its just as bad as unlimited was.
All I want is some help to resolve this issue, if you cant help or are unwilling then just let me leave and I will find an ISP that can at least let me game!
13 REPLIES 13
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Sick of this

Well PN ought to be able to let you game ok. I'll point ASBO DOG in your direction, he frequents the Gamers board & 21cn boards mostly and he's a bit of a wireshark expert. I'm sure he'll be able to give some help.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

We haven't quite got wireshark going for the PS3 yet Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

i belive ive allready had PM of the poor chap. i belive i pointed him to the ps3 vid zone thread in the gaming section where i had posted a how to at capturing console traffic with wireshark as this is the only thing in my view as to why preminum would be worse than pro on fifa
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
if you do get the console setup to capture there is a guide here on how to use wireshark
p.s do you swap for the weekend adie why i capture some ps3's poor old slow traffic, u all need the young whiper snapper xbox to solve your ps3 issues  Smiley
goberpiles
Grafter

I had already requested that Fifa 10 was added to the list, the answer was that Fifa 09 was alredy in and nothings changed apart from 1 port,  someone provided them the wireshark for Fifa 10, 5 weeks ago!
I am very angry I first mentioned this on 14th October 10 weeks ago.
scootie
Grafter

was it a capture from the ps3, i cant see any other reason why prenium would be worse other than all or some of the ps3's fifa traffic getting classed lower than 0x80. as if it wasnt classed right even pro would be running at 0x80 but preminum it could be down at 0x00 0x20 p2p ect
goberpiles
Grafter

It was this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79939.0.html
Quote from: ITFCdan on 12/10/2009, 18:31
Quote from: adiewoo on 12/10/2009, 14:42
You'll probably need to add a wireshark capture to a ticket too to enable to sig to be created properly.
I did 3 days ago
We'll take a look tomorrow and see if there's anything we need to add to this week's Ellacoya traffic management additions.
goberpiles
Grafter

Complete and utter lag fest in WOW tonight a good 7-10 seconds lag in game on casting and looting.
scootie
Grafter

this shouldnt be the problem as pro was fine but whats your exchange like and i take it your not on 21cn adsl2+
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
have you tryed diffrent gateways to see if that sorts the lag out?
goberpiles
Grafter

VP capacity at this exchange is currently showing as Green.
BT have advised that no current planned date for WBC on 21CN exists 
goberpiles
Grafter

Still no contact from PN now day 4 looks to me to be a simple case of "lets put our heads in sand" and hoping us people receiving terrible service and customer service just simply vanish ITS not going to happen I am sorry to say.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

WoW shouldn't be lagging there are plenty of players on PN so would have thought there'd be more shouts if it was affecting others.
Is your connection generally ok?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: goberpiles
Come Monday I get put back onto the Premium traffic managment and bang connection is gone I cant play Fifa again, WOW is laggy as hell, web pages not loading fully and You Tube slow again.

Web browsing and YouTube are treated *identically* on Pro and Premium so I'm very concerned that your experience differs between the two products. I'm on Premium and I certainly haven't been having these problems over recent evenings. The fact that you're having problems with Fifa again suggests that it's still not being classified correctly by the traffic management systems Sad
So I have now sent 3 messeges to Bob Pullen who had moved me back to Premium on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday which have all been ignored, posted in two threads in the forum and been ignored, what have I got to do to get a reply?

Up until now your PM's have been unanswered and for that I apologise, I have been very busy of late. I certainly don't make a habit of ignoring customers though. If anybody else is reading this who has recently sent me a PM and not yet had a reply then please bear with me, I should have worked through them all by the end of today.
Its obvious that a problem exists with the Premium service for the Fifa 10, the Wireshark capture was sent to PN 6 weeks ago!

We did not receive a Wireshark capture six weeks ago. The poster you quoted raised a ticket asking us to check how we were classifying the game. They didn't provide a traffic capture from what I can tell. In response to the ticket we scoured the forums and made sure the following ports were being classified correctly (which they now are):
TCP ports: 80, 443, 9980-9989, 14500-14559, 42100
UDP ports: 9570, 3659, 6000

If I want my mac code how much is it going to cost me to get away because quite frankly I am at my wits end, letting my fellow team members down on Fifa night after night is a pain, and having to game with lag is just not good enough, it seems the Premium package may have a new name but its just as bad as unlimited was.

Anything not classified correctly on Unlimited will suffer the same problems on Premium. I have temporarily moved you back to the Pro profile, arranged to get a copy of Fifa 10 sent to the office and will let you know what we manage to find out after running some captures. If you plan on staying on Premium then it's probably worth you investing a bit of time into learning how to do this as (as much as we'd like to be) we're not always going to be in a position to test things from this side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

goberpiles
Grafter

Every other PS3 game I have owned works fine online, Fifa is the only game I tend to play online constantly, I can live with a little lag in most games but Fifa is just one you cant have any in other wise it kicks you, but its not even let me access actual game as soon as the online team play starts it boots me from it, and its constant I have tried around 10 games since Monday and everyone goes the same way.  Please make sure you test the online team play or clubs as 1v1 online may use different stuff online.
Think my WOW server aint helping as its the biggest one in EU so I can live with that.