cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we get Sky Cinema & Sky Sports

Ian2477

Should we get Sky Cinema & Sky Sports

Should plusnet management ask for Sky Cinema & Sports because they would get more subscribers.
9 REPLIES 9
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Should we get Sky Cinema & Sky Sports

I don't think Plusnet should be trying for more subscribers until it can provide a decent service to the ones it already has.

Sky Cinema and Sky Sports are available via a NowTV compatible device. (But only at  SD or 720pHD).

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I'd much prefer it if plusnet could once again supply a no frills basic broadband only at a realistic price,

The jump to £13.49 plus the additional mystery fee of £31.99 (shouldn't that now be added to the monthly charge) go nowhere except scream we don't want broadband only customers.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll feed it back, though I think the likelihood of acquiring rights to these channels are slim due to the exclusivity of it being a major selling point for another provider that I can think of.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

hardly exclusive when you can already get both Sky cinema and sky sports on a non-sky platform.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Exclusive was probably the wrong term to be fair. It's not easy to acquire those channels though.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Ian2477

BT has Sky Cinema and Sky Sports so why can't Plusnet not have though channels , even talk talk have them so hope management at plusnet looks into it.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@MattyC wrote:

Exclusive was probably the wrong term to be fair. It's not easy to acquire those channels though.

doesn't seem to be that hard.

sarczoid
Rising Star

Clearly this is down to BT meddling in the affairs of plusnet....

PlusNet are a subsidiary of BT, and have lower margins and higher costs....  PlusNet have support and enginers in the UK, whilst BT sold their souls to cheap indian labour years ago....

BT are clearly forcing plusnet to offer an inferior product, so people don't switch from BT to plusnet, they want to keep their margins higher...

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@sarczoid wrote:

PlusNet are a subsidiary of BT, and have lower margins and higher costs....  PlusNet have support and enginers in the UK, whilst BT sold their souls to cheap indian labour years ago....

If all has gone to plan, over 80% of calls to BT Customer Services are supposed to be routed to UK call centres by the end of 2016.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/bt-hires-1000-uk-staff-after-complaints-indian-call...