cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Plusnet suspend all advertising?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Should Plusnet suspend all advertising?

I did not assume anything,  I made a statement that incorrectly closed tickets can skew that figure - which is perfectly correct.
I don't disagree that
Quote from: Oldjim
To skew the numbers to any significant extent would require a large number to be incorrectly closed ....

But as None of us know,  then you are the one making assumptions. Please don't twist what I actually said.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sorry to reactivate an old topic - but some things don't change...
Well actually they do change - they get worse.
Waiting times on calls is way worse. Chat often has people waiting for ages to only then be told they must ring in.
It's worth re-reading this topic from the beginning. One the aspects commented on by several people is the stupid offers - and today the offers are even more stupid!
I dread to think how much Plusnet's churn rate has increased!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd be interested in how many of last year's Black Friday offer are still customers after their minimum term has expired, if I remember correctly that looked like a 'no-profit' deal for Plusnet unless a decent proportion stayed after reverting to normal prices
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That is a very, very good point!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

And as a consequence of systemic failures in business systems (particularly provisioning) and the legion of issues with BTOR, all of the support channels are swamped beyond capacity with no forecast of when more resources (or resolution of root cause failures) will be available.
What I can say is that once you get past delivery it is largely very good!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

i'll be totlly honest and say that the only reason I didn't take up an offer from someone else earlier this year for cheaper fibre was the nightmare of getting btor out to change the connection, sometimes there great but there are way to many horror stories about how bad they are and just how long you can go between ordering a product with a go live date and actually getting it delivered,
several people locally to me have had months without internet because they tried to swap providers and btor have failed to do the job there meant to do.... I don't want to invite that sort of problem  but I would be a lot happier if PlusNet routinely let existing customers have a discount on repeat years for the broadband, something meaningful like a 25% discount for agreeing another long contract would be perfect, after all the majority of complaints are based around transfers or upgrades and the initial teething period that ensues, people staying on the same product tend to use a lot less support resources and should be compensated for it  Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Well put ... and sensible.
@CRT - will management 'buy' this as and idea?  Keeping people who are already connected, rather than causing churn and increased exposure to supply issues is a good way of reducing the support workload.  It is to say the least a creative idea.  Take more profit up front and reward those who stay, not needing support.  A bit like a no-claims bonus!  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

The only way that you will find out what sort of deal you might get - and it might be somewhat more than 25% Roll_eyes  is to ring customer options and see what they offer you.
nanotm
Pro

yes but my point is why ring and use the support services if they just offered a fixed discount option on the member center /
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Townman
Well put ... and sensible.
@CRT - will management 'buy' this as and idea?  Keeping people who are already connected, rather than causing churn and increased exposure to supply issues is a good way of reducing the support workload.  It is to say the least a creative idea.  Take more profit up front and reward those who stay, not needing support.  A bit like a no-claims bonus!  Cheesy

Not CRT, but are you guys opted in for marketing emails?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am and I never - at least not in the last few years - receive any special offers
nanotm
Pro

I am and the only emails I have received have been the refer a friend or new services offers and line rental saver reminders once I can buy a refresh, I don't expect necessarily a special email just something tacked onto the end of the monthly payment notification will do when its a "existing customer discount offer" or something like that or a standard "as an existing customer we would like to offer you an x discount for signing a 6/12/18/24mth contract with us"
nothing fancy or requiring a new marketing campaign just job security for you guys and a little gesture towards the loyal customer base, not to mention lowering the number of support calls generated by the churn, right now I can choose any other provider for my internet without any considerations because I'm out of contract just like probably more than half the customers, I might not be as likely to take that for the reasons I listed earlier but that doesn't mean I wont do so in a few months when BTOR get their act together again /
this gives PlusNet two things, guaranteed customers for that time period providing income security and a fixed profit line to leverage for investors to push upfront funding to develop expansions like new customer services or greater capacity and the surety of new staff still having a job in a few months
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: MattyC
Not CRT, but are you guys opted in for marketing emails?

Hi Matty,
I understand that CRT cannot do this - my question to CRT was do you think that someone in the decision making area might buy into the wisdom of keeping existing users and avoid the complications arising from BTOR touch points?  Indeed can CRT 'run this up the PN tower and see if anyone salutes it?'.
Kevin

Anotherone
Champion

The only emails I have ever received are the bills and the price rises Roll_eyes   Even when I was opted in, like Jim, I never received any "special offers". I'm now opted out, don't want all the other marketing junk, apart from which there are better ways of "playing the game"
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I also have never, ever received a marketing email. I was thinking of changing to Origin, but their advisor admitted that they use the PN network, so out of the frying pan....................!
I've just checked my marketing preferences.
Choose how you would like to hear from Plusnet
We take the protection of your privacy seriously. We'll only ever use your personal information to contact you in accordance with the choices you've made below, or to tell you about any important service announcement that may affect you directly. This commitment is described in our Terms and Conditions of Use and Privacy Policy.
Select below how you'd like to hear from us about our latest news and offers:
Email
Telephone
Please be aware that these communications may include offers that will lower the cost of your Plusnet service.

If only the last line was true!!