cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shame on Plusnet's dishonestl sales tactics!

mike8446

I am moving home next week. It seemed a great opportunity to escape from BT. Last week I spent a day talking to internet and phone service suppliers. The best deals were with Talk Talk and Virgin but they - like everyone except BT and Plusnet - said they couldn't connect us on or within a day or so of our moving date.
Plusnet's tele sales lady assured me that connection would be on 25th or 26th February. I emphasised over and over again that I would only place the order if Plusnet could guarantee to connect us no later than 26th February.
This afternoon I had a call to say that connection would not be until 3rd March and couldn't be any sooner.
I have now cancelled my order and placed it with one of Plusnet's more honest competitors.
4 REPLIES 4
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Shame on Plusnet's dishonestl sales tactics!

You have this same thread elsewhere on the forum,thats not allowed is it?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:red Duplicate posts removed - Please do not spam the boards mod:end
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I suppose the posting is a form of "testimonial", but I would have expected to see it under Rants & Raves.  Undecided  Just a shame it had to be posted at all......... Cry
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sorry about that Mike Sad
The sales rep shouldn't really have been so assertive, especially considering the fact that you reiterated the necessity for the line to be active next week. There are loads of factors involved with the provisioning of a new line (or reactivation of an existing one) and the placing of a broadband order. We might have been able to get the line up and running by then but no guarantee should have been given.
Expectations could definitely have been set better so I'll have a word with the agent you spoke to.
Edit: I've refunded your activation fee BTW.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵