cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambolic start to service

zoobeet
Hooked

Shambolic start to service

Phone line appointment was 29th May. Completely inept 'engineer' arrives for 7 hours, disappears for 3 and accomplishes nothing except being on the phone with his mate.

Over the course of the next 3 days, 5 different engineers come. Finally, one of them works out that the routing of the cabinet was wrong. He said it was fixed and a phone line installed.

PlusNet informs me that no notes were kept on file for 4 of the 5 engineers who attempted to complete the job.

3 different plusnet customer service reps - [CSA Removed], [CSA Removed] and [CSA Removed]  - all failed to call me back with an update after going to inquire from openreach about the situation.

Now, it is 3 weeks later from the original set up date and the order has been CANCELLED - I didn't ask for this - and I of course have no internet.

at no point in this did PlusNet actually get in touch with ME via phone; they relied on me to have to chase them to provide a service that is now nearly a month overdue. I took 3 days off work for this, and have got nowhere. I think its disgraceful that this company can tout itself with the slogan 'we'll do you proud' - what an absolute joke.

This has been reported to CISAS and to the Ombudsman.

Moderators Note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Shambolic start to service

Sorry to hear this @zoobeet.

I'm looking into this for you and I'll update your account as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
zoobeet
Hooked

A week later nearly and still absolutely useless.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @zoobeet

I have spoken with your case handler, they will be updating you later today.

We appreciate your continued patience.

Kind regards.

zoobeet
Hooked

As it turns out, PlusNet supplied the engineers with the wrong phone number.

As of yesterday, the phone line (correct one..) is up and running.

Please send a fibre engineer immediately  - and one that is adequately trained to complete the task. They need to read the BT Openreach notes carefully to avoid further miscommunication and lack of attention to detail which created a 1 month delay in the first place...

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @zoobeet I'm glad to hear that you phone line is up and running. Although I apologise for all the issues leading up to this. I have spoken with your case handler today and they will be in touch shortly to discuss your fibre order.

Kind Regards

zoobeet
Hooked

And we are into October as the malarky of Plusnet continue...

I've now spoken to 3  more Plusnet employees, a new one each time, on the phone, bringing the total up to 14. I've paid a total of 175 since May and been promised the following by two members of their internal complaints team, Faisal and Kieran: 6 months free broadband, a refund on the TWO installation fees I've paid, a gesture of goodwill credit, a follow up with the same person...

None of these have materialised. I've just been billed twice in one month for a total of near a hundred pounds. I've received NO refunds (and paid twice for the installation fee that was an absolute joke and took FOUR weeks and SEVEN engineers), no discounts as promised, and am simply funnelling money to Plusnet while receiving the most shambolic and embarrassing service I've yet to come across.

You're great at responding to my concerns, Plusnet, with a new employee every time, but you have absolutely no follow through, no communication amongst yourselves, no desire to rectify the SAME PROBLEMS you've been making since day one.

I've resorted to having to prove how much I've paid to them, publicly, openly, after just finishing a phone call with my 14th Plusnet employee who tried to tell me I never paid the installation fee twice and the 73 quid which clearly left my account in May, the first day of signing up, "never happened", he said.

Never in my life have I come across such dreadful, useless 'customer service'. Truly, never.

plusnet statement.png

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @zoobeet

Thanks for highlighting this - I'm really sorry that your previous complaint wasn't resolved as discussed.

I have now passed this back to the agent who originally took ownership of this as a high level complaint and have asked them to contact you as a priority. I've also reopened your original complaint here.

Best wishes

Dave

zoobeet
Hooked

@RandallFlagg 

Faisal, the original agent, was handling this complaint in early June, it is now October.

Just give me my refund and offer me something actually worthy of rectifying the complete inepittude of your staff members.

Plusnet is not only inept, but acts in an interest of keeping as much money as possible with no return to their customer.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @zoobeet,

I can see that your complaint handler attempted to contact you yesterday but was unable to reach you. I can see that the refund has been actioned off the back of this, however if you would like to discuss this further with Faisal then I would recommend responding to the open ticket on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team