Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shambles of a transfer from TalkTalk to PlusNet

friendinneed
Grafter

Shambles of a transfer from TalkTalk to PlusNet

Installation date quoted as 28/11/2014
On the morning of 27th, phone line and broadband still connected to TalkTalk and working.
Shortly after midday on 27th, phone line dead, and obviously no broadband. Ring PlusNet to see if they have done anything early, and told "Yes, the move has been completed"
Rang again around 5.30ish, and after queuing on phone for 20 minutes got through to support around 6pm, was told that order had not been completed and it was a provisioning problem. 20mins queuing for provisioning, was told that the order had been completed and it was a support problem.Asked for problem to be raised with support and was told it would take up to 24 hours to raise it.
Rang in this morning just after 9am and asked if the problem had been raised. Was told that the problem team didn't open until 9.00, and it had just been raised, and would probably be looked at in the next 12 hours
Rang at 2pm to see what progress, and told that there is a line fault and estimated fix 2nd December. Obviously a line fault as there was no dial tone. Perhaps the Openreach engineer hadn't bothered to correctly move a working line from one switch to another in the exchange?
So, leaving aside the incorrect date for the transfer, it took over 12 hours to raise a fault, Openreach / PlusNet lied about the transfer being complete, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor was told that they might call me in a couple of hours.
Looking at the call statistics shows no information at all, and on ringing up you are told the waiting time is around 30 minutes
Was also told that there was no number to call to escalate the complaint.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Shambles of a transfer from TalkTalk to PlusNet

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about the issues you've mentioned here.
The order did actually complete which just means we're now needing to deal with the issue as a phone fault.
Apologies again for the poor start and we're hoping to see this resolved by the end of the day on the 2nd for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
friendinneed
Grafter

This is problem #95373059 Is there any further information on this?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It seems that there has been some action today. I've updated the ticket and returned the fault back to BT for you.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
friendinneed
Grafter

Does this count as progress?
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes, I'm glad to see engineers are working on this again as of approximately 9.30am today.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
friendinneed
Grafter

Well, there is now a dial tone, but dialling any number gives "That is not a valid number"
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Shortly after you made this post we received a 'clear' notification that a problem had been resolved. If you're still having issues can you let us know so we can reject the fault back.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
friendinneed
Grafter

Yes, can now make calls in and out. Will be setting up BB tomorrow morning. Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi friendinneed,
Thanks a lot for letting us know.
I'm glad to see that your broadband is up and running too from our point of view
In case you were wondering that was me trying to call just now just to make sure everything is up and running as expected.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team