cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously not happy! STILL Waiting for BT Engineer to turn up when he's meant to

MykeUK
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Seriously not happy! STILL Waiting for BT Engineer to turn up when he's meant to

This is getting really tiring now. To bring you up to speed:
13th July - Raised a fault as my fibre optic speed was down from 22-25mb to 2-3mb. Again. Faults team go to work.
31st July - Told that a BT enginner would need to come around to resolve the fault. I book in 5th August PM.
5th August - Waited in all afternoon and nobody turns up!
6th August - BT engineer decides to ring my bell at 8.20am as I'm in the shower getting ready for work. Greeted with a 'sorry me missed you' card. Left a message on this forum and received a phonecall from PN soon after to apologise and to rebook the appointment, which was made for 19th August.
14th August - Something comes up which means I wouldn't be in for the 19th August, so I immediately phone PN and tell them this. I change the date and I'm told the 19th August booking has been cancelled and re-arranged to the 26th.
19th August - BT engineer arrives just as I'm leaving to catch a train. I tell him that the appointment had been cancelled and rearranged for the 26th but he said he hadn't been told and that he had had to drive a long way to get to me. Left another message here, apologies and promises of investigations were given.
And so, now we come to the 26th. I wake up at 6.30am on my day off from work so I can be ready for 8am for the AM slot. At 8.30am I receive a phonecall from PN telling me that, guess what, the BT engineer visit has now been cancelled! Apparently it's now a network fault which is causing all my problems, and so the BT engineer didn't need to come after all!
Seriously!? Just... seriously!? I'm paying £20 a month (I signed up, sadly, just before the 6-month special offer of £12.50 (which still seems to be going on) for a pitiful speed I've had for coming up for 2 months and the BT engineers only now realise they didn't need to come over after all!? This is getting stupid!
3 REPLIES 3
MykeUK
Grafter

Re: Seriously not happy! STILL Waiting for BT Engineer to turn up when he's meant to

It's making me ill seeing the 38mb speed package currently advertised at £3.75 a month...
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Seriously not happy! STILL Waiting for BT Engineer to turn up when he's meant to

Hi MykeUK,
I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced recently with regards to your connection. I've had a look into your account and can see that the fault is currently with our Phone Faults team as they've identified a fault on your phone line which may in turn be impacting your FTTC service. This is detailed on Ticket: 88493541 and the estimated response time provided by BT Openreach is 28/08/2014 23:59:59. Our Faults team will check back after this time and provide any further updates on the ticket.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the previous engineer's visits.
MykeUK
Grafter

I'm not sure why it's taken them over a month and a half to realise this, especially after 3 failed attempts at getting a BT engineer to me before now in the first place.