Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing The benefit of Fibre using it with Crashplan - Thanks Plusnet

nokiboi39
Grafter

Seeing The benefit of Fibre using it with Crashplan - Thanks Plusnet

Hi,
Whilst I enjoy good download speed with Plusnet at some 65MB I didnt really appreciate the upload speed till now and the overall benefits of having Fibre Broadband.  To be honest the only reason I moved to Fibre was that as I was so far from the exchange I could only get 2MB with ADLS.
Previously I used Carbonite for my online backups and having a look around at the time thought that the service was okay, although for one inital bakup it took some 2 weeks.  I recently decided to move from Carbonite to Crashplan as I liked their product offering especially around security.  However what I found was that the upload with them was fast in fact the same inital backup with Carbonite which took 2 weeks took less than 4 days.
From this am really seeing the benefit of Fibre broadband other than for downloading, what I now have is a fast and reliable online backup thanks to Crashplan and Plusnet.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Seeing The benefit of Fibre using it with Crashplan - Thanks Plusnet

Thanks for the post, maybe this is a benefit of fibre that others might have also overlooked but could take advantage of Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Not wishing to detract from the point made by the Original Poster, only the consumer version of CrashPlan is available in the UK. The business version is not available here.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
All4One
Grafter

I had ADSL  15Mbps Down 0.9Mbps at best up.
I've just jumped onto fibre with 46Mbps down and 10-12Mbps up.
I am now able to stream my gaming with amazing quality and upload to my youtube channel with much bigger, better quality, longer videos! I love it.
Absolutely Pure.