Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfied customer of 9 years disappointed

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Satisfied customer of 9 years disappointed

Evening
I recently referred a family member who has joined Plusnet, Took longer than it should have but the router arrived and the obligatory text saying the broadband was active.
Plug in router........nothing.
I have been with Plusnet for 9 years (before the fancy adverts n all), i know the setup, usernames etc etc. Manual setup doesnt work, automatic doesnt work.
I was using the chat online function at work earlier today, and your staff member said there was a 'fault on the line'. 72 hours, yada yada yada.
Now, there wasn't a fault on the line at 5pm yesterday when he still had his old fibre active. So where has this 'fault' come from.
I know i can get my broadband cheaper elsewhere and i'm watching this very closely.
Do ME proud Plusnet!!!
5 REPLIES 5
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Satisfied customer of 9 years disappointed

could have been the openreach engineer has cocked something up at the exchange or street cabinet.
that would result in a "line fault" error.
anyway, plusnet is already doing YOU proud as you say you've a satisfied customer of 9 years.
it's your family member that has the issue and it is THEM that plusnet have to do proud.
however, if you can get it cheaper elsewhere then why haven't you left yet ?
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Price isn't everything. I don't mind paying twice as much for something that works flawlessly (for me).
However as i grow older i have found that loyalty means nothing. Something like this not being resolved timeously could see me off
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

loyalty is a two way thing.
you've already threatened to jump ship because someone else has a problem, even though you don't have any.
that's hardly loyalty, is it?
so essentially what you are saying that it's not enough that plusnet do YOU proud, they have to do OTHERS proud as well.
quite a strange stance you are taking.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Staying with the same provider for this long regardless of price is loyalty in my mind.
And of course they should be doing others proud, after all i recommended them.
Anyhoo, i came and said my piece in the feedback forum. Thats what its here for after all
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: mrmarkus1981
Now, there wasn't a fault on the line at 5pm yesterday when he still had his old fibre active. So where has this 'fault' come from.

I'm sorry this has happened, the fault may have been there but not noticeable on the previous service and has been triggered by the transfer. Or it may be a fault that occurred during the transfer itself.
Do you know if it's been reported as a line fault or broadband fault?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.