cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad decline

Mseasail

Sad decline

This is the first time I have been on the forum, but was prompted to post, as I appear to be seeing a definite decline in what used to be a first class service from PN.
I think the posts on this subject tend to speak for themselves and are beginning to paint a clear picture.
I feel that the main area needing improvement is COMMUNICATION. Any form of straightforward communication seems to be cleverly hidden in what appears to be a Maze of information and routes. That tells me PN do not want direct communication. Most people also do not have the time to wait around in a long queue on the telephone.
My recent frustration was this last  week, when my email stopped working. As usual, my thoughts went straight to me and my system, thinking I had a problem.
Eventually twigging that it may well be PN, I started searching for info. On the status area, I discovered what for me, was a rather vague statement about a problem that would be ongoing until April 6th.  What !!! Huh
I sent an email asking for an explanation, but have never received a reply. I tried phoning, but gave up waiting to get through.
Saturday 22nd today and I still can't access my email. I did manage to access web mail, but that has now gone as well.
Why on earth could PN not find a way of communicating clearly to us about this pending problem ? At least we would then know what is going on, as opposed to just being suddenly dumped in mid air.
Personally, I am getting the feeling that PN no longer care as they used to. Could they be following the usual pattern of success and growth, creating a too big to care situation ?
I hope not, as I have always highly applauded Plusnet as being one of the best and really don't want to be changing my provider unless I have to do so.
Mr M.
3 REPLIES 3
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Sad decline

I take it, then, that you haven't seen this page?
Or signed up for service updates by email? - http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
Or signed up for the RSS feed? - http://usertools.plus.net/status/status.xml
Or subscribed to the Service Status newsgroup? - news:plusnet.service.status
Lots of different ways to communicate!
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Mseasail
I sent an email asking for an explanation, but have never received a reply. I tried phoning, but gave up waiting to get through.

Where did you send an email to ? As far as I'm aware, Plusnet do not give support by email, only by telephone or the ticket system.
Have you raised a ticket with the query ? You can do this by logging on to your account and it is found under the help section.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mr M,
Welcome to our forums, sorry to see it's a negative reason what made you post here.
The downtime for our email/webmail service was something that was required and unfortunately meant that this would be inaccessible for a number of hours.
As mentioned by Jaggies we did post this on our service status page twice, once a week before and the second the day before. This is the way we notify our customers of any planned work coming up that may affect their service.
I can see we've picked your ticket up but I'm unsure if your email working at the minute?