cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running out of patience

Shadax

Running out of patience

Hi,
Just writing to make sure this gets registered somewhere as unacceptable [prepare for an essay]:
I recently took it upon myself to put a new line into one of my rented rooms here in London, and I chose Plusnet (after a recommendation from a friend). An engineer was scheduled to visit my home on June 25th, so i booked the 25th off work. The engineer arrives only to tell me that he did not have enough time to complete the job, did a little bit of drilling and wiring then left. The engineer told me not to worry, there would most likely be another round on the 26th because the job was left half-done (there's a good few hundred meters of wiring dangling from my window right now). He told me to ring plusnet if nobody had arrived by 12.00pm on the 26th of June.
When nobody arrived, I rang plusnet - nothing could be done on a weekend according to plusnet, please ring monday. On monday i was told the earliest they could re-schedule this was the 7th of July. As if I was a new customer, just signed up. Not really good enough at all, but I *know* that's not Plusnet's fault, that's Openreach. Incredibly frustrating, but hey, those big reams of wire could be useful. perhaps I could make a swing out of it whilst i wait. Sacrasm aside, not everything in life goes smoothly, i'm ok with that.
However on the 29th of June, an advisor leaves me a voicemail (he rang me at work so I couldn't pick up - his name is in my account notes) who advises me they have brought the date forward to Monday morning 5th of July (much better - thanks plusnet). I ring up today, to find out that what he said was not true in any way (despite him clearly telling me "we've managed to move this forward to Monday, 5th of July") and my appointment is STILL on the 7th.
Why is this an issue? only 2 days right? it's the fact that I HAVE TO BOOK THESE DAYS OFF WORK PEOPLE! I don't know how plusnet's holiday system works, but once i say "right, need monday morning off" to my workmates they have to move their work schedules around the fact I wont be there.
I cannot merrily skip into work on Monday and say "actually, my appointment is on wednesday! what a laugh this is." Please understand that you're not just wasting MY time here. On top of this, because I booked monday off, plusnet have wasted 2 whole days of my holiday allowance, for absolutely no result/return!
When asked if there was anything Plusnet could do to compensate me for this, the answer was no. In my line of work, if I screw up, i'm utterly accountable and bend over backwards to appease my client. Sorta sad to see you guys couldn't appease someone who hasn't even got a contract with you - I'm not threatening to leave just yet, if everything moves quickly from now on and the speeds are what they should be then i'll stay.
But i'm running out of patience, I can't be messed around like this.
3 REPLIES 3
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Running out of patience

You seem to have had the run around.  I think you've got your months mixed in your post.  I think you might mean July not June Undecided
Shadax

Oh! Yeah, that was confusing to read.  Roll_eyes
Thanks for the spot artmo - corrected the months so it's more coherent now.
Sorta agree on "the run around", wouldn't be so peeved if it was "right we'll look into how this happened and get back to you" or "we'll make this up to you by xxxx" instead i got a very circular conversation with no resolution or progress.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
This may come as a bit late but after reading this thread I though we should reply from a staff point of view on this one.
Firstly apologies for the way this was handled, it's clear that more care and empathy was needed here. I'm certain that every employed person at some point does have to arrange time off work at short notice for something like this and at least from a personal stand point I can empathise with your difficulties there.
I can see that you contacted us yesterday with regards to some problems connecting but you seem to be online at the moment, don't hesitate to give me a nudge on here if you have any more issues with this.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team