cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridicolously long wait to get this service.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Ridicolously long wait to get this service.

LtdEdFred,
I've just done a quick check on your order, all seems to be OK. Any sign of your router yet?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dsvnvk

Dear Adam,
I belive your intervention took an immediate effect - the same day evening my broadband returned back.
However let me note: I was told initially and it is seen from the Support team records that the problem was on my side and their tests had showed that everything was fine with their side. But how could it be the case if the problem was [as it likely appeared to be] with the BT phone line itslef. I mean if their tests are independent from the BT phone line hardware-software [what is unlikely unless Plus rent the line and has no any access to it and thus being fully dependent on BT will to do anyting] then why not to check this issue before passing it back to the customer? Yet after your inquiry the Support team immediatly wrote to me that there was a problem with BT.. Seems that noone had come with such a bright idea unless you asked them to pay more attention to my problem...

Anyway, thoughts, thoughts and nothing more.
Thanks alot!
LtdEdFred
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
LtdEdFred,
I've just done a quick check on your order, all seems to be OK. Any sign of your router yet?
Adam

That's great, but I haven't received it. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow or at least on Saturday when I hopefully will be online. I can't wait to browse the web without seeing grainy pictures once again. It'll be like switching from modem to broadband all over again \O/
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

dsvnvk,
Glad to hear that, thanks. My sentiments are pretty much the same as yours on this matter, I shouldn't have had to intervene here. As always when I pick up on these things there will be a bit of a post-mortem and some feedback given to anyone who may not have dealt with this to standard.
LtdEdFred,
It still looks from here like you should hopefully receive the router today and the broadband by tomorrow.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LtdEdFred
Grafter

Fantastic. Just got confirmation that the bb is activated and I don't have a modem. Am I allowed to cry now?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fantastic. Just got confirmation that the bb is activated and I don't have a modem. Am I allowed to cry now?

No Wink the order isn't officially due until tomorrow so hold fire until then if you can.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LtdEdFred
Grafter

I'll do that. I'm guessing from the way you put it that mail is also distributed on Saturdays? How about Sundays?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's sent via normal Royal Mail who deliver on Saturdays.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LtdEdFred
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
With regards to your hardware order I don't want to take any chances with that so I've ordered it now. Please allow 2 to 3 working days for the delivery.

I'm just going to go kill myself now. Todays mail has been delivered, but still no router. It's just awesome that Englands speedy postal system has faulted on the one item I've been longing the most. I'm assuming there's no mail distribution on Sundays? Am I supposed to have a tracking number for this? In my account it says "Track your order", but when I click it I'm told to enter a reference number I haven't been issued Sad
Reiney

Dude just get used to it.  The Brits are incredibly poor at customer support and doing what they say they will do.  It is a different culture than where you are from.  Keep badgering them. They may eventually do what is needed, but it won't be easy.  Welcome to The British Isles.
matt_2k34
Grafter

What you on about Reiney?
The paper was brought by a PAPERBOY (you know, a kid, gets paid like 2p per paper delivered..)
Your router will come from ROYAL MAIL - they dont deliver on SUNDAY.
You should get it tomorrow, failing that- Tuesday.
Reiney

Just saying the way it is.  I have lived in North America, the Caribb, Central America, Asia and now England.  It is by far the worst customer service I have experienced.  It is something I just have to live with and I am simply advising LTDEDFRED to do the same.  It is your culture and he just needs to deal with it.  You all are used to it, those of us from outside England likely are not used to it and it gets very frustrating.  Not wrong for those in England, but very different for those from outside England.  Just saying.  Reiney
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

LtdEdFred,
Our hardware is shipped out via standard first class post by Royal Mail, to confirm deliveries only go ahead Monday to Friday and packages normally receive customers within 3 working days. In your case today is day number 3 so I would expect it to reach you today. Make sure you let me know if it doesn't please.
Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LtdEdFred
Grafter

No router today either Cry It would be really great if this button actually worked:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c83j3b49

The wait wouldn't have been so horrible if I didn't expect the router to arrive on Saturday. If the tracking told me that the router was in Birmingham on Saturday evening I probably adjust my expectations down and I wouldn't be as bummed out as I am now about not getting it today either.

Edit: The host of my screenshot didn't seem to like [IMG]-tag so I removed it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We still have time for it to arrive today LtdEdFred,
These are usually delivered by van rather than by postmen on foot so bear with us. Do give me a shout tomorrow if nothing has arrived, if that's the case we'll devise a 'plan B'.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team