cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review on Trustpilot answered by Adam

ggi

Review on Trustpilot answered by Adam

Following from my review "Customer service? Plusnet don't do that" answered by Adam, I will now expand on the situation.

I recommended Plusnet to my daughter Catherine who is in her final year at Uni. She ordered the fibre option for broadband service. The money was paid and the router was to be delivered by Tuesday 2 October the start date for her service. Returning from holiday on Monday she discovers you have cancelled her order. On further enquiry it appears you couldn't identify the correct apartment (clearly stated when ordering the service) so cancelled her order without contacting her first (money not returned). Following several lengthy calls she is told the service will commence 17 October and the whole process needed to be started again. To state she is angry and inconvenienced is putting it mildly. Without internet at University during her final year is not good. She has used her 3G allowance so is effectively unable to access the web without first walking to Uni. Trying to access the Plusnet Chat involves long waits - but even this is currently unavailable to her. Same applies for the telephone service - all costing her money she does not have.I tried to ask for assistance on her behalf but after several lengthy waits (over 45 minutes) I got through to an advisor who refused to discuss anything with me as I'm not the account holder. I asked Plusnet to contact her directly, but you won't do that either.

Plusnet we'll do you proud? I don't think so.

10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Review on Trustpilot answered by Adam

Thanks very much for coming back to us as requested when I replied to your review. 

It is correct that I wouldn't be able to discuss the account directly with you if you're not the account holder but I can ensure that we're doing absolutely all we can for your daughter in that situation. 

Please feel free to send me a private message on here with the username and I'll be able to look into this for you. ​​​​​​​

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep as @adamwalker said companies have to now be really careful who they talk to regarding accounts even though you're her mother she is still the account holder and a separate person (of course).

So while PlusNet may seem to be obstructive, they have to be.

If you want to speak to them yourself, you would have to get your daughter to call, verify who she is (security questions etc.) and say something like "I will pass you over to my mother". So you're authorised basically by her. I have done this before.

If she isn't local you could try 3 way calling, not tried that myself but I know someone who has done the same thing and it works quite well. Especially if she isn't local.

Anyway I appreciate the pain of not having broadband, and uni brings back memories of myself. I hope your problem is resolved quickly and wish her all the best. Smiley

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Provided your are the same gender, you know the full postal address, account username and the account password it would be very easy to assume the account holders identity on the phone. On chat you are free of gender constraints.

Plusnet could have a system where a second contact can manager the account.

Dan.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Dan_the_Van,

We are able to add another person to the account as authorised user by permission of the account holder.

The only three things that cannot be done with authorised users are:

- Agree new contracts
- Cancel the account
- Agree potential Engineer charging statements (if you ever require an engineer to fix a fault on your line)

If you would like to PM us the account username we can still take a look into the issue and provide an update via the account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
ggi

No - I'm asking Plusnet to contact my daughter. I'm not trying to speak on her behalf.

I'm not involved - apart from they've taken her money and failed to provide any internet service. Today involved several calls and a 55 minute wait where she again spoke to an advisor who didn't help and who once again failed to call her back when promised.

All she needs is someone at Plusnet to accept responsibilty and take charge of the problem.

Plusnet customer service is abysmal.

The PM to Adam was another waste of time - still no service given.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi there,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far.

Can you please provide us with your daughters username and the best time to call her, along with her preferred contact number so we can assist further.

Thank you,

Aisha

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @ggi

Just a quick follow-up post to re-assert the offer of assistance on this one.

If you want to drop my colleague @MasterOfReality a PM up until 10pm this evening, we'll ensure that this is picked up as a priority. Alternatively, @adamwalker will respond to your existing PM when he's back in the office - my apologies for the delay in getting this sorted.

Best wishes

Dave

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @ggi 

Thanks for your PM. 

I can confirm that the account in questions is now active and has an upload / download stream showing that a connection to the internet has been established. 

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue.

Tagging @RandallFlagg @adamwalker & @AishaK for visibility. 

Thanks,

MoR 

ggi

Well I can confirm it's NOT working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there someone there that can actually supply the service you have promised to provide???????Huh

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@ggi  I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you PM me her username so we can look into this further?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team