cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review of existing Home Phone Call Packages allowing for Fixed, Mobile & International calls

FIXED
gallivant
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Review of existing Home Phone Call Packages allowing for Fixed, Mobile & International calls

I have been a loyal customer of Plusnet for several years and have nothing but admiration for their customer service, competitive rates, etc.

However, in this unprecedented Coronavirus world, I and can only assume many others like myself are struggling to find a balance in terms of costs for making fixed, mobile and international calls.

It is all very nice using VOIP related apps like WhatsApp, Skype, etc, but often we are calling elderly family or friends who are not tech-savvy to know how to use these.

In our case and I assume many other PlusNet users we have elderly friends overseas (International Calls) & Elderly friends in the UK (Fixed calls). Most of our younger friends only have mobile phones.

Regretfully no PlusNet phone package is competitive with reasonable rates for International & Fixed calls.

In such a dire moment in time, it would be great if Plusnet reviewed their tariffs and rates a little more benevolently as we all are so aware of not over-spending our personal finances.

It is also very unfair that the most vulnerable (elderly) are unable to make use of cheaper alternatives.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Review of existing Home Phone Call Packages allowing for Fixed, Mobile & International calls

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @gallivant

I've passed your suggestions onto the relevant team but I can't make any promises

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gallivant
Hooked

Re: Review of existing Home Phone Call Packages allowing for Fixed, Mobile & International calls

Thanks Matthew. Reply much appreciated. Fully understand you are not in a position to promise anything of this nature but think this would be a great time to review this. I have recently been billed some rather hefty amounts for UK mobile calls and UK local calls and quickly ran up to near the limit of International 300, our existing home phone package, which we cannot change or mix with the Plusnet UK mobile & fixed call package.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Ultimately it's BT (Openreach? Wholesale? Networks?) who charge ISPs for calls, and the ISP charges the end user.

Maybe send an email to BT's CEO - philip.jansen@bt.com - suggesting that in this time of national emergency, it would do their image no harm if they showed a little benevolence. Customers of all ISPs would then benefit.

Maybe contact your MP too?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"and the ISP charges the end user"

At a greatly inflated price.

gallivant
Hooked

Have done as you suggested, as you do make a very valid point that most ISP's are mere clients of BT as the wholesaler.

Just seems incongruent so many of us want to do some good and help but we are all so concerned about our own financial predicaments and obligations at this moment in time, so worrying about running up expensive phone call bills should not be one of them.

Hope many others start putting pressure on local MPs and utility providers.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@newagetraveller wrote:

"and the ISP charges the end user"

At a greatly inflated price.

Indeed, BT Retail more than most others.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"Indeed, BT Retail more than most others."