cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention? Excellent broadband provider bad retention insentive

dangerm50
Hooked

Retention? Excellent broadband provider bad retention insentive

I have been a happy customer with PlusNet since 28 Aug 2013  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Having had pleasure of a good service with a couple of hiccups for instance 6 months into the contract ask for  anew modem has mine was playing up constant red light showing for internet after restart goes to green but then back to red Anyway that was a no show was advised few months back if I still want done would have to sign up for another 12 months or buy it for £45 pounds it wasn't showing on system I wanted another modem it seems .... Decided whilst its working leave it.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

But now 2 months ago I called regarding retention what could be offered to stay and sign for another 12montsh wasn't expecting same as a introduction offer £2.50 month for a year
but thought valued customer maybe a deal could be arranged and sign up for a lower amount that I am paying now
Well a bit taken a back with the attitude if you want top leave then leave it doesn't bother PlusNet as customers are signing every day .  So my value customer isn't really needed I can continue paying 9.00 a month or offer 8.00 a month after pushing or just leave if not happy.
Where is the value customer where is the need to keep customers. Other companies offering deals of fee for 12 months or even 3.00 a month offering same speeds has I get now and some or rubbish I know but some or on same par as PlusNet
Is the message just leave if you don't like £9.99 a month now  a good service spoilt by maybe retention loyalty not validated
good service provider wise excellent tech staff as a 30 years in the IT Engineer business  But encouraging customers to stay is really bad and lets them down do I just leave to go with another provider is that my offer  Crazy Sad
3 REPLIES 3
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Retention? Excellent broadband provider bad retention insentive

Hi there dangerm50,
I'm really sorry about this! Was it the Customer Options team that you spoke to? We do have deals for existing customers, and the Customer Options team will nearly always be able to sort one out for you Smiley There's currently no queue to speak to them, and they can be reached directly on 0800 013 2632, I'm pretty certain they can make you a good offer!  Cheesy
dangerm50
Hooked

Thank you for reply but I did go through options team I believe who wasn't forth coming if it was £1 less will look at other deals a little let down am afraid after excellent service up to then Must have been a bad day or whatever it was ..
Time to look at my options I feel  Cry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can I ask when you spoke to someone about a new deal as from what I can see nobody has looked at your account since mid-May, so it may be that the offer wasn't specific to you and was a more generic one. Might be worth giving them a call to see what can be offered again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.