cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to my review by Satta

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Re: Reply to my review (annier)by Satta

Well I suppose I'm not really surprised either and unfortunately this level of customer service seems to be typical of most large companies. They make it as difficult as possible to speak to someone in the first place, and if you persist you just get platitudes and no real progress. It is depressing. As for loyalty, you will be penalised for it, so my advice whatever the company, is know your end of contract date (hopefully not two different ones!) and shop around every year. Its a shame and its tedious but it seems to be the only choice that favours the consumer

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

@jimandjemima,

Thanks for coming back to us. I am disappointed to hear that you have not had a callback as requested, I can only apologise for this. I have now passed your information along to the a colleague of mine in the Customer Options team. They will be calling you back after 5pm today. Please let us know how you get on.

jimandjemima
Dabbler

And back to the beginning again.

Sorry Madeline, I think that you at least are trying to be helpful but I've just received this and the chances of Plusnet still having any business with me in 10 days are remote. Let alone that I'll be waiting by the phone every day after 5pm for 10 days

Dear Miss Rudd, 

Thank you very much for contacting Plusnet.  Please be advised that a callback can take up to 10 working days.If you wish to speak to us sooner then please feel free to contact our Customer service team on: 0800 432 0200.We appreciate your patience and apologise for the delay in getting back to you.   

Kind regards, [CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Can anyone confirm that I don't require a MAC code to move nowadays

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

No code is needed, just sign-up with a new provider; let them contact Plusnet, don't cancel yourself (however much pleasure it might provide!).

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @jimandjemima, I'm sorry to hear that you were misinformed. There are no specific time frames given for call back requests and we always aim to call customers at their requested times or as close to this as possible.

I have acknowledged now that you now wish to cancel your account and I apologise for the issues that have led to this. If you wish to cancel you account without switching to a new provider then you would need to contact our Customer options department. However, if you are switching to a new provider we will be informed of your leaving by the providers.

Please let me know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

Kind regards

jimandjemima
Dabbler

I have said no such thing! I have not asked to cancel my account

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Dear Satts, you can acknowledge the fact that I will decide if or when I choose to cancel my contract and I will make a formal complaint if you try to preempt me

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that.

That's fine, my colleague hasn't placed a cancellation request.

We've simply read and acknowledged what you've said.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimandjemima
Dabbler

Good. I will not be leaving myself without a phone line, obviously, and as my broadband runs out on the 24th Feb and my line rental is fully paid in advance up to 24 Mar, I have plenty of time left to make a considered choice. Rest assured I will not cancel prior to that choice being made, and certainly would not do that via this forum.