cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to my review by Satta

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Re: Reply to my review (annier)by Satta

Very happy to, it's a predictable story though, at least so far. Despite everything that's gone on and been said, I have an offer of no charge for 1 month of broadband to realign the contract to March renewal for both, and basic broadband and line rental for £19.99 a month, if I pay all my line rental upfront. So basically charging me more than they are offering new customers despite using Line Saver. Not much of an incentive to continue several years loyalty so I don't mind sharing my story. Needless to say I am currently looking at all my options, and there seems to be quite a few that are more appealing than that. It's a shame, I used to like Plusnet but I'm afraid I don't feel they've "done me proud".....quite a long way from it. Perhaps its time for a new advert too.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @jimandjemima

Something doesn't sound right. If you agree a cost of £19.99 for broadband and line rental, then pay line rental saver, you'll just be paying £1 per month for your broadband connection for the duration your line rental saver is active.

If you want I'll be happy to arrange a call back from our customer options team for you?

Feel free to PM me the best contact number and rough time if you'd like to go ahead.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimandjemima
Dabbler

Line Rental Saver @ £197.88 equates to £16.49 per month line rental and £3.50 per month basic broadband amounts to £19.99 per month for phone line and broadband

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The total cost of broadband and line rental isn't worked out like that I'm afraid.

If you've been given an offer of £19.99 then this will be £18.99 line rental and £1 broadband.

If you choose to pay line rental saver, then for the duration of the 12 months you'll be paying £1 broadband. Line rental saver isn't linked to the contract term on your account, it's independent of that.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimandjemima
Dabbler

If I'm paying the equivalent of £19.99 month then that's what it is. You can call it what you like, you can break it down in any number of ways but it's still £19.99 per month for me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unless I've misunderstood you, not really. If you pay line rental saver then you'd effectively be paying £17.49 per month because the monthly value of line rental saver is £2.50 less than the monthly rate of line rental.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimandjemima
Dabbler

Really this is getting boring. £197.88 (LRS) divided by 12 is £16.49 if we add this to £3.50 (Broadband rate offered) we get £19.99. I don't care how you choose to break this amount up because it is what it will cost me or rather what it would cost me should I choose to lock myself into this scenario for another 12 months.......a prospect which is getting less and less likely by the minute

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry it looks like I was mistaken and assuming the offer you were made of £19.99 was before line rental saver.

Again happy to arrange a call back if you like? Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimandjemima
Dabbler

Always happy to speak to someone but only if they have something sensible to say. In the meantime I'm setting aside some time today to look more closely into other options

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @jimandjemima,

Thanks for getting back to us. I have updated your ticket with further information here, if you could reply at your early convenience that would be great.

Thanks.

jimandjemima
Dabbler

As I have said I am contactable on my landline for the next hour or after 5pm today

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great, I've passed your information along to our Customer Options team for a callback today after 5pm on your landline number.

Please do let us know how you get on.

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Well if I've gone you'll know 😉

jimandjemima
Dabbler

So, in all evening and no calls. Well done Plusnet. I can’t decide whether it’s spectacular inefficiency or just rude. Either way it’s remarkably unimpressive.
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I only wish I could say I was surprised.

Get ready for another stream of apologies.