cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to my review by Satta

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Reply to my review by Satta

I have been with Plusnet since 2013 and for the most part they were fine. However, I am in a situation, thanks to Plusnet, where my line rental runs out a full month after my Broadband contract. I tried to address this last year unsuccessfully. At least it used to be possible to open a ticket and ask a detailed question, now this option appears to have gone altogether. I sat down today to discuss my options and/or repercussions if I choose to leave only to find "online chat" CLOSED and, after a lengthy telephone menu, a 25 minute wait for that option! I think the likelihood of me reaching someone before my telephone battery fails is remote even if I did have half an hour to sit around mindlessly holding the phone. Plusnet, I realise you probably don't want to talk to me if I'm considering leaving but I have to tell you, if you don't improve your customer service I will definitely go whatever the cost. It was really irritating last year to be told that you couldn't realign my broadband with my line rental for no good reason that I can see apart from the fact that it makes the whole question of leaving more difficult. I gave in relatively easily at my last renewal date because I had better things to do quite frankly, but now that it seems to be even harder to get the necessary information I will be looking elsewhere between now and my broadband end of contract, and if that costs me any line rental so be it. I know Plusnet aren't alone in this, there seems to be a culture now of reducing the means of customer contact as far as its possible to, presumably hoping we'll all give up before anyone has to actually speak to us. 

Reply from Plusnet
An hour ago
Hi Annie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our services.

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulty you have experienced getting in touch with us on our various support channels and I apologise for the frustration caused.

Whilst I acknowledge that you have previously brought the issue with your Line rental expiry to our attention and that we were not able to support you with this to your satisfaction, I'm happy to take a look into this for you and see if there is anything further that can be done.

In regards to you looking elsewhere for services going forward, whilst this is completely within your right, we would love the chance to resolve the issues you have mentioned above. To do so, we would require you to get in touch with us over Facebook, Twitter or via our Community Forums with your account username. 

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards, 

Sata

Let me know your suggestions

39 REPLIES 39
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Reply to my review (annier)by Satta

Hello @jimandjemima

understand the frustration caused by the differences with your invoice as your line rental saver is aligned differently with your unlimited broadband subscription. I am deeply sorry to hear you have had difficulties in contacting our Customer Service team.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

jimandjemima
Dabbler

I've just read your reply which seems to amount to - please ring customer services - I wonder, did you actually read my review regarding the ease of contact? This isn't actually helping to sort anything apart from confirming my worst view

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@jimandjemima

I have been in that situation where the LRS and broadband were not in sync but the only way of syncing them is to defer the one that finishes too early. In your case it would be to leave the BB out of contract for a month.

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Thanks Dave, that was my thought, or give up a months line rental to get out sooner 🙂 Plusnet used to be fine and sensible to deal with but now its become very poor.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @ jimandjemima

I do apologise if you feel I have not addressed the issue you have raised on our Community Forum.

I have responded to your ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Many thanks.

jimandjemima
Dabbler

Yes Wakas, I've just replied. As I said it does now look as though they both run out in February which is news to me because when I paid my line rental upfront last year there certainly was a months discrepancy. As it now seems to have disappeared, I presume I have paid my 12 months line rental and ended up with 11

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @jimandjemima,

I've looked into this for you and updated you further on the support ticket on your account here

Kind regards,

jimandjemima
Dabbler

I have read your reply and I'm sorry but you are quite wrong. There most certainly was a discrepancy of a month and I was told over the phone that it could not be aligned with my broadband. I was never told that if I renewed my Line Saver I would effectively be losing a month, which is quite clearly what has happened. My line rental saver was always March to March with the option to renew given a month or so before the end of the contract. My broadband ran from February. Whatever has happened within your admin processes and website changes has resulted in me being charged for 12 months line rental and actually, it now seems, being given 11. It doesn't matter how many times you argue this, that is what has happened. I also left a message for you before yours and immediately after you rang my landline to say I had been out to my car but was now back in the house and I have no missed calls on my mobile.

If my business is of any interest after several years with Plusnet, I suggest someone contacts me with a sensible suggestion, if not I will change my provider asap

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @jimandjemima

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry for any confusion with your contract and your LRS product.

I have reviewed the details and responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

jimandjemima
Dabbler

As I said I would like to know exactly when I am free to leave Plusnet with no further costs to myself. As for your solution, as I have no idea what you are offering me in terms of a further broadband contract I'm hardly likely to sign up for a further 12 months line rental am I. I'm also baffled as to why such a simple solution wasn't offered to me when I asked about this last year.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @jimandjemima

Thanks for getting in touch regarding my response via the ticket.

I have responded once more on there with further details for you. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

jimandjemima
Dabbler

I have read your reply which seems to suggest that you require me to formally accept your offer to realign without knowing exactly what the broadband and Line Rental offer is, and I thought I'd been clear in so far as I won't be formally agreeing to anything until I know exactly what I'm being offered. Also please confirm the £7.32 is all the charge I will incur by leaving Plusnet now.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @jimandjemima

I have responded to your query. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Best wishes.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@jimandjemima

It would be of great interest to other plusnet customers if you can cut and paste any details here.

With any of your personal details, if they exist, removed of course.