cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal package - No notice and out of sync with line rental

robj3123
Hooked

Renewal package - No notice and out of sync with line rental

I was paying £2.49 for BB and paid my line rental a year in advance to get discount. Apparently my contract had ended and I get a mail for £9.99 just 3 days before my DD is due to be taken. This is (in my opinion) unreasonable and underhand. If Plusnet can mail me every month to tell me they are taking my DD they can also mail me say a month before the contract is due to end so I can consider my options. I was offered a £5 deal that I rejected and eventually accepted a £3.30 deal that i am still not happy about but felt I didn't have an option; rock and a hard place. There are plenty of £1 or no fee BB deals out there

Also my line rental is for 12 months and BB for 18. This makes it very difficult to swap suppliers as the two periods don't match.

Until now I have been a fan of Plusnet but after this experience they have fallen from grace.

Plusnet;  answers on a postcard please ...........

2 REPLIES 2
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Renewal package - No notice and out of sync with line rental

Welcome to the forumSmiley

Snap! I'm in exactly the same position plus I have a discount on my Youview package which is out of sinc. But I'm not complaining because I noted all the factors at the various times at sign up and was aware of the implications. I don't see what could be done differently!

Invalid grump Roll_eyes

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Renewal package - No notice and out of sync with line rental

Same here - I was a bit slow when renewing in June, should have gone for a 24 month bband contract to fall in line with 2 year's of ALR - HOWEVER, all of the other ISPs seem to be looking for 18 months anyway.