Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Leads to Disconnection

FIXED
baldysmurf
Dabbler

Renewal Leads to Disconnection

So disappointed with you today Plusnet.

After being a loyal customer for a good seven years and being very happy with the service I agreed to a renewal two weeks ago when having a web chat with your staff. The deal wasn't the best in the world but better the devil you know - and I was happy to sign again for 18 months.

Today, I got disconnected. Not just a soft cease, a proper disconnect of my phone and broadband. From reading this feedback section of your forum seems I'm not the first to have this happen on renewal. So with my account deleted from your systems I was  advised on your web chat to contact the sales team to talk about setting up a new account. Now I'm without broadband for what could be 10+ days, for something I played no part in or any error in but just wanting to keep my (what was) reliable service going. 

Giving up on the web chat I phoned and was eventually passed through to Mark in your options team who ran through the whole 'new customer' setup with me. He assured me he and his manager would be monitoring my setup through the day in case there was a way to revert the cease, and would without doubt call me later today to update me on the latest.

I've heard nothing. And looking at the question raised on my account it seems that because of the cease on the phone line I may now have to wait for that to complete before you can even put a broadband order in, so I expect more than that 10 days...

Please can someone own this and let me know when I might expect to get something back up and running...? In the meantime I can only suggest other customers think very carefully before agreeing to a renewal contract with Plusnet.

5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Renewal Leads to Disconnection

Hello @baldysmurf,

I am deeply sorry to hear of this experience and for the inconvenience this will have caused. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide and nor is it in keeping with our values.

I am also disappointed with the communication you have received and will take ownership of your experience going forward. I am currently placing your orders and will generate a ticket when completed.

In regards to the completion date, we will be able to look if there are any options to bring this forward once the orders have committed.

I would like to express again, how sorry I am that you have had this experience and can assure you we will get this resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This case has been cited by one of the SUs to promote discussion on how this failure in process comes about.

In a previous case it was identified that the user initially said they were leaving, declining the new contract. They subsequently returned to the ‘negotiating table’ changing their mind ... unfortunately the agent did not successfully kill off the cease order ... and the user had an experience similar to that described here.

To inform the discussion, can you please confirm that there was no discussion about ceasing the service in your case please? Thank you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

baldysmurf
Dabbler

Thank you both for your replies today.

@SammyM After the order activity you refer to in your post are you able to advise on updates from today and proposed completion dates please.

@Townman I can confirm no such discussion about leaving. It was a short webchat and I made reference to the pricing being higher than I'd seen elsewhere but that a) it'd be a shame to leave after so many years and b) it'd probably cause more hassle to switch than to stay put.... I can provide the chat transcript under separate cover if it'd help.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Fix

Hello @Townman,

This was completely agent error and the relevant feedback has been passed on.

@baldysmurf, I have provided an update via the account here.

If you have any further concerns, update the ticket and I will look into them for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
baldysmurf
Dabbler

Just wanted to post back and close the loop on this one. We were down for approximately ten days total.

Mistakes happen, but it's how they're remedied that counts almost moreso, in my opinion at least.

SammyM did a superb job of handling the entire process and I can only commend her for making the reconnection as swift as it could be, keeping me updated throughout, and resolving other billing issues that presented themselves as a result of the work. I'd hate to think how it'd have gone without her extra attention and dedication.

Thanks again @SammyM! Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Two posts released from Spam Filter and duplicate removed.