cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal - Customer Options Team... What Discount?? Just pick your new supplier!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Renewal - Customer Options Team... What Discount?? Just pick your new supplier!

Hi again
To sum up it was a brief call with the attitude from adviser being yea if you want to leave go ahead just pick your supplier and they will do the rest  Shocked with only thing being offered to me was exactly the same deal as for any new customer signing up through site even though I need no router and no mention of upgrading to faster speeds etc...ZERO interest!

I've listened to the call and the agent provided the information you asked for and made you the best offer on the service you're currently on, yep they could have provided a bit more information about other packages (fibre) even though you didn't ask he could have been proactive. The discounts on ADSL he has offered are the best offer we can provide at the moment for either a new or existing customer.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SlickRick
Dabbler

Re: Renewal - Customer Options Team... What Discount?? Just pick your new supplier!

No problem  All4One  Wink
Remember when your insurance is up and they send give you best quote, just take it as it really is the best  Cheesy
SlickRick
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Hi again
I've listened to the call and the agent provided the information you asked for and made you the best offer on the service you're currently on, yep they could have provided a bit more information about other packages (fibre) even though you didn't ask he could have been proactive. The discounts on ADSL he has offered are the best offer we can provide at the moment for either a new or existing customer.

Hi Chris,
Just to correct you I actually did ask if you care to listen to call again which I have...right about point of mentioning deals with other companies and a bit more information is slight understatement although it is nice not to have it rammed down phone for a change a simple explanation of ALL OPTIONS would have been nice be it regarding faster speeds, longer contract rather than sounding as if he had to go as things to do rather than be dealing with Customer Options.
As you have took time to listen to call maybe you can also clarify with him that I won't be liable for any cancellation charges should I decide to leave at end of contract also.
Thanks anyway all is clear regarding offers now.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I called earlier this evening to review my fibre contract. My call was answered within 5 minutes & a very helpful young lady put together an excellent package with which I am more than happy. I'm now fully signed up for another 2 happy & hopefully reliable years.
Many thanks to all at Plusnet. Will a staff member please check my account/ details & make sure that the young lady with whom I dealt receives my sincere thanks for such good service? I'm afraid that I didn't catch her name.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi tijara33, thanks for the good feedback.
I'll certainly make sure your thanks makes it's way to the advisor and her manager Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tijara33
Pro

I'll certainly make sure your thanks makes it's way to the advisor and her manager

Many thanks Harry, she really is a credit to Plusnet. I'm delighted that the company has returned to its originally high state of customer service.  Smiley
Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's Note.
Two unhelpful posts removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

tijara33
Pro

Many thanks to all at Plusnet. Will a staff member please check my account/ details & make sure that the young lady with whom I dealt receives my sincere thanks for such good service? I'm afraid that I didn't catch her name.

Unfortunately the service wasn't as advertised. Yesterday morning I received an email confirming my "product change". I feared the worst! Sure enough, a few hours later my download dropped & my upload dropped to less than 2Mbps!! Yes, yet again Plusnet have managed to put a customer onto the utterly useless & infamous 40/2 system!
However, I did go through the full fault finding service & eventually called PN. Eventually the extremely diligent faults staff member became convinced that I was correct & passed me over to customer services. My complaint was accepted & I was put on hold while B**** spoke with a manager. He then promised me that my normal service would be resumed within the hour!
Sure enough that is exactly what happened. I'm not quite all the way yet but that is probably down to DLM after quite a few disconnections during fault finding etc. Please pass my thanks to B**** & debrief the previously praised young lady.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear it wasn't quite as we initially thought  Cry
I'll pass the feedback (good and bad) to both the advisors/their managers when I get in at half 11
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tijara33
Pro

Thanks Harry. It was because I had previously read on this forum of the same thing happening to other customers that I became suspicious. Maybe the young lady was so shocked that a customer had actually renewed their contract that she made the error!! Roll_eyes
SlickRick
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB
Hi tijara33, thanks for the good feedback.
I'll certainly make sure your thanks makes it's way to the advisor and her manager Smiley

Don't count your chickens!
SlickRick
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the offer given, if this was the same as the new customer offer then it's the lowest price we can offer at the moment (£2.50 per month). I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to go lower than this, especially when this is the best price we're advertising.

Hi again Chris,
So now that best offer advertised is 12months free broadband & £50 cashback this is what I can get?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

you'll need to ring up and ask..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

So you weren't really interested in FTTC then?
Wouldn't it make more sense to subtract £50 from the line rental, rather than give existing customers £50 cashback?  Crazy