cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal - Customer Options Team... What Discount?? Just pick your new supplier!

SlickRick
Dabbler

Renewal - Customer Options Team... What Discount?? Just pick your new supplier!

Ok so have been with Plusnet for quite a while now along with recommending quite a few people before I found out I could actually get referral discount so couple I do now get discount for comes off broadband charge each month and usually pay the line rental saver fee up front of £185.88.
Contract ending soon so thought I would give them a ring to see what offers available to me as a loyal customer who has brought many others to use service also.
To sum up it was a brief call with the attitude from adviser being yea if you want to leave go ahead just pick your supplier and they will do the rest  Shocked with only thing being offered to me was exactly the same deal as for any new customer signing up through site even though I need no router and no mention of upgrading to faster speeds etc...ZERO interest!
I have had my fair share of problems with Plusnet service after 1st year but mostly got resolved within a timely manner so was happy enough to stay.....now I'm not so sure...what ever happened to rewarding loyal customers who have brought business to them by giving them a decent renewal offer?
Anyone else had similar experience with renewals as I'm now starting to compare offers with other suppliers, guess the small firm has got big enough now they don't care about how they got there or have any interest in keeping the customers who helped get them there  Angry
28 REPLIES 28
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Renewal - Customer Options Team... What Discount?? Just pick your new supplier!

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the offer given, if this was the same as the new customer offer then it's the lowest price we can offer at the moment (£2.50 per month). I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to go lower than this, especially when this is the best price we're advertising.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SlickRick
Dabbler

Re: Renewal - Customer Options Team... What Discount?? Just pick your new supplier!

Hi Chris, thanks for your prompt reply on matter.
Surely a loyal customer who has brought good standing accounts to Plusnet needing no new equipment or set up should qualify to receive some discount?
I know this is the case with other providers as family / friends who considered moving to Plusnet on my recommendation got unbelievable deals to stay some including FREE broadband for 12mths with reduced Line Rental along with TV package threw in.
Also I may have been interested in upgrading my service to Fibre but adviser seemed to have better things to do than offer or go through any of other options available to me!
But as you say that's best they can offer in today's market I will start asking around for companies that reward loyal customers and recommend others I've brought to Plusnet to come with me as see quite a few offers for recommending a friend etc.
Think I was most disappointed with the LACK OF INTEREST shown more than anything  Shocked
All4One
Grafter

If you went with the best deal at £2.50 and have referred people and getting all those referral discounts...what more could you want?
Those companies who throw in free BB or TV probably have a tonne load customers more than Plusnet and can easily just throw stupid deals out because the amount of customers they have paying full whack is crazy.
Everyone wanting something for nothing as usual. Cheesy
SlickRick
Dabbler

Quote from: All4One
If you went with the best deal at £2.50 and have referred people and getting all those referral discounts...what more could you want?
Those companies who throw in free BB or TV probably have a tonne load customers more than Plusnet and can easily just throw stupid deals out because the amount of customers they have paying full whack is crazy.

Hi ALL4ONE,
I see you have selective reading disorder so I'll just refresh what was said regarding referrals - "along with recommending quite a few people before I found out I could actually get referral discount so couple I do now get discount for comes off broadband charge each month" so this means I am not getting "all those referral discounts" as you put it.
Think you are missing the point completely here "what more could you want?"....maybe more than a 2 minute call explaining options open to me such as upgrading to Fibre etc and someone who actually has interest in helping rather than being told to basically pick your provider and good luck!
As for wanting something for nothing....yea think we would all like a little something for nothing, best deal available or even recognition for being a good standing customer bringing further good standing accounts to company along with having own equipment so need for FREE ROUTER or FREE SET UP....sorry except for you as you obviously have more money than sense by sounds of it....hope they mark your account accordingly DOES NOT REQUIRE DISCOUNT OR BEST DEAL AVAILABLE  Cheesy
I haven't went into reasons why it matters more than ever on this renewal to get best deal but even without these facts common sense should prevail.
As for companies with tonnes more customers paying full whack and can afford to / are willing to like yourself that's great I'll take the discount thanks  Cool
You may still be able to change your username as think ALL4ME stuff anyone else is available  Grin
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

You're lucky to get any offer.
Those with broadband only just get a fat "computer say no" in regards to any offer.
How's that for a loyal customer reward.
Basically my offer was accept a 67% rise or ship out.
Of course Plusnet are entitled to think they no longer want broadband only customers.
Just like I'm entitled to think I have been right royally screwed over.
deathtrap
Grafter

Yup it's that lucrative line rental and call charges  that all the big players are interested in , not bb  BT are one of worst for this ,infact they make everyone else subsidise all their silly offers  on BB and TV  big frequent price hikes on line rental  and calls
I can recall an ISP called be unlimited  owned by o2,  they gave away free bb to loyal customers  , they also rarely increased the monthly subs, some where still paying the same price as they did 5+yrs before , guess what happened to them,?  sold out to sky
All these discounts  have to be paid for the books have to balance, that means if the free loaders aren't paying then someone else will be  how is this fair and the ISP's play a big part in this?
SlickRick
Dabbler

Hi guys,
I actually don't even have a home phone plugged in and only take the line rental min package to get the BB as works out cheaper (I think) so feel the your pain of being feeling screwed by paying more because you don't want line for any other purpose but they make big money from majority that do use phone services.
My main point was that I remember when Customer Options actually seemed to care / well at least value custom and went through all possible deals etc to see what suited best along with taking on board your particular use of services along with pointing out that I don't require a FREE Router or FREE Activation in fact any Equipment so why can't this be exchanged for a discount on line rental / phone service which I've never used nor intend to?Huh
Answer: Because they know that there is no money to be made out of me by not using phone services!
Anyway if anyone has got a good deal recently or seen one advertised from any ISP I would be greatly appreciate you letting me know to include in my search.
Cheers  Wink
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

if you don't think 7.49 a month discount is a good deal, I'm not sure what will count as one..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SlickRick
Dabbler

Quote from: dvorak
if you don't think 7.49 a month discount is a good deal, I'm not sure what will count

Hi dvorak,
I would have thought as a Forum Moderator you would have at least read posts before commenting.......who said I wanted to stay on current service?
This was my very point regarding lack of interest shown by Customer Options I actually would have been interested to hear about options for Fibre etc but wasn't offered / given chance to discuss even when all services fully available in area.....I thought clue was in name 'Customer Options' hence why I called them before doing any searches!
Thanks for your input anyway very helpful....a credit to the Forum.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule] Redeemed yourself there, I take it back you are worthy!  Grin
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: SlickRick
I would have thought as a Forum Moderator you would have at least read posts before commenting.......who said I wanted to stay on current service?

read yes, be psychic no. no where have you stated you wanted to consider changing package only talking about renewal.

thank you
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SlickRick
Dabbler

Quote from: dvorak

read yes, be psychic no. no where have you stated you wanted to consider changing package only talking about renewal.
Seriously??? Haha......does that seriously say Moderator...mmmm?
[font=Verdana][font=Verdana]and no mention of upgrading to faster speeds etc...ZERO interest[/font][/font]!

Also I may have been interested in upgrading my service to Fibre but adviser seemed to have better things to do than offer or go through any of other options available to me!

maybe more than a 2 minute call explaining options open to me such as upgrading to Fibre etc

thank you

Oh you deserve it, not a problem!  Grin
If I see any Specsaver or similar deals on my search I'll be sure to pass them your way  Wink
Moderator...  Cheesy 'psychic no. no where have you stated you wanted to consider changing package only talking about renewal' Haha!
Good luck you'll need it.
All4One
Grafter

I certainly do chase some deals but when they offer me their best deal, I don't turn it down and head to forums for a moan.
Very nice play on words too  Cool  surprised if you've not referred to Plusnet as Minus-net yet.  Cheesy
SlickRick
Dabbler

Very nice play on words too  Cool  surprised if you've not referred to Plusnet as Minus-net yet.  Cheesy

Your grammar is excellent also and I can see you also put some very helpful posts in between getting bags of sweets, so well done.....another credit to forum very helpful, on topic and witty to boot!  Cheesy
All4One
Grafter

Cheers Rick  Cool