cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund headache...after migrating away to another provider of course...*check your debits/refunds*

north_londoner
Dabbler

Refund headache...after migrating away to another provider of course...*check your debits/refunds*

I migrated away to another provider due recent price rises, however, the refund plusnet processed did not seem accurate.

Full payment taken on the 18th of every month (direct debit), my migration was on the 19th. Full payment £37 ish and refund was £20 ish, didn't seem right..... would anyone like to hazard a guess how many agents it took to resolve the issue? 4..yes 4 agents! 3 over the phone and 1 by support ticket (his response was hilarious...quote' no further action required').

All resolved now, the last agent apparently has processed the correct amount... Another concern that came to light was the account was still active and another payment for £37 ish was about to be processed.

I don't check my direct debit account/savings account with any regular frequency (my fault) as its always fixed amounts coming out so potentially could have been overcharged for months! 

This may have been a one off but, if you've migrated away best to check debits/refunds to make sure all is correct.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Refund headache...after migrating away to another provider of course...*check your debits/ref...

Sorry for the problems you had but I've glad to hear it's sorted out now. If there's anything else we can help with please let us know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Refund headache...after migrating away to another provider of course...*check your debits/ref...

Plusnet could just get their billing systems in order Chris.

You'd think it would be fairly high up on the agenda after getting fined by ofcom to even put a manual process in to prevent customers chasing for their money.