cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

peter10
Grafter
Posts: 231
Registered: ‎04-03-2009

Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

With regards to these latest price rises I feel the annual line rental saver aspect has been handled badly. Plusnet advertises itself as good honest broadband but getting an accurate honest answer as to the actual increase has been like getting blood out of a stone. I know the extent of the price rise now as Chris posted it in the forum on 17th Sept.
Within the space of a few days I had been given or found the following information

1) The price will be increasing in line with the monthly rental charges, however it will still be significantly cheaper when compared to a monthly contract.  Plusnet forum Bob Pullen 14th Sept   (No actual figure mentioned)  
2) When will we be informed as to the increase in cost of the annual line rental saver so I can make an informed decision as whether I stay or move?
I don't think such notice will be sent until you're approaching the end of your current term. Plusnet forum 14th Sept Bob Pullen  
3) Thank you for your query.  At the moment there are no plans to change the price of Line Rental Saver but for obvious reasons this cannot be guaranteed.   Reply to a ticket on 15th Sept.
4)  Line rental saver provide 12 months standard telephone line rental with no minimum contract term for a reduced equivalent monthly charge of £10.49 Found in a link sent by a friend. Received from him on 15 Sept
5) We're writing to let you know that on the 28th of October we're making some changes to the price of our home phone products and call charges. We know that no one likes it when prices increase, but rest assured we'll still be cheaper than Sky, TalkTalk and BT*. Closed Service Notice 18th Sept.   I can’t find any mention of annual line rental saver. (apologies if I missed it).  Perhaps because this will be dearer than TalkTalk (although I don’t know if they have a price increase planned).Trying to follow the link given does not seem to take me to the new terms and conditions
.
In conclusion I am unhappy as much with the difficulty of finding out the cost of the rise as in the rise itself. In the past I have been happy with Plusnet but to me this falls short of the high levels they had set. I hope that this is not a taste of the future.
7 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Posts: 13,491
Thanks: 1,208
Fixes: 96
Registered: ‎04-04-2007

Re: Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

I'm sorry you think it's been handled badly. I think that probably stems from the fact that the price increase notice was intended to let customers know that *call costs* and *monthly line rental charges* were increasing from the end of October.
The comms was never intended to tell people about any imminent changes to our Line Rental Saver product (that omission is perhaps a mistake we can learn from).
The system should send an email notification well before the LRS pre-paid period is coming to an end with all the information you require for making an informed decision as to whether or not you want to stay with us.
Quote from: Salmo
1) The price will be increasing in line with the monthly rental charges, however it will still be significantly cheaper when compared to a monthly contract.  Plusnet forum Bob Pullen 14th Sept  (No actual figure mentioned)

True. The only reason I neglected to mention the price is because I was unsure whether or not that information was in the public domain yet and there was nobody from our Commercial Team to hand to advise me. Better safe than sorry Wink
Quote from: Salmo
2) When will we be informed as to the increase in cost of the annual line rental saver so I can make an informed decision as whether I stay or move?
I don't think such notice will be sent until you're approaching the end of your current term. Plusnet forum 14th Sept Bob Pullen

As I mentioned above. I think it's around three months before the end of a 12 month term that you're sent an email/are able to renew your subscription.
Quote from: Salmo
3) Thank you for your query.  At the moment there are no plans to change the price of Line Rental Saver but for obvious reasons this cannot be guaranteed.  Reply to a ticket on 15th Sept.

Sorry, Kelly's already explained that one here.
Quote from: Salmo
4)  Line rental saver provide 12 months standard telephone line rental with no minimum contract term for a reduced equivalent monthly charge of £10.49 Found in a link sent by a friend. Received from him on 15 Sept

Yes, that's true. Not sure what you're getting at here. Bear in mind that the terms also dictate the following:
[quote author="Plusnet T's & C's"]Line rental saver is non-refundable and must be taken with a Plusnet calling plan.
Quote from: Salmo
5) We're writing to let you know that on the 28th of October we're making some changes to the price of our home phone products and call charges. We know that no one likes it when prices increase, but rest assured we'll still be cheaper than Sky, TalkTalk and BT*. Closed Service Notice 18th Sept.  I can’t find any mention of annual line rental saver. (apologies if I missed it).  Perhaps because this will be dearer than TalkTalk (although I don’t know if they have a price increase planned).Trying to follow the link given does not seem to take me to the new terms and conditions

You can't find any mention of it because that wasn't the aim of the email. Line Rental Saver was mentioned in some emails, specifically those to customers who didn't already have it and had opted in to the receipt of marketing offers. AIUI the new pricing for LRS is included in the terms linked from the emails we're sending.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 1,931
Thanks: 78
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎17-10-2007

Re: Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

Quote from: Bob
As I mentioned above. I think it's around three months before the end of a 12 month term that you're sent an email/are able to renew your subscription.

My LRS expires within the next 3 months (last paid 6th December 2011) but I have received no such invitation. Are you saying that if one pays before the price increase, one can purchase 12 months LRS at the current price to start from when ones current LRS ends even if that 12 months starts after the price increase?
peter10
Grafter
Posts: 231
Registered: ‎04-03-2009

Re: Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

Thanks for the reply Bob. I am in the same position as alanf which is why I was keen to know whether the annual rental was going up as well as the monthly. I will be interested to see your response to his question. Unfortunately for me I think I can guess the answer. Cry
ps all I meant by point 4 was that he had found  on the 14th Sept  the new terms and conditions from 28/10/12 quoting the new price whilst some staff didn't seem aware it was in the public domain.
Hopefully  this is an end to the matter as far as I am concerned now that I have made you aware of my feelings
Update  My guess was wrong and I'm happier.  Smiley
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 1,931
Thanks: 78
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎17-10-2007

Re: Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

This post, on the Announcments board,  by a customer  informs me that LRS can be renewed early.
Quote from: Oldjim
This is important
For those of you who are on Line Rental Saver you can renew up to 3 months in advance via this link http://www.plus.net/addons/line-rental-saver/ and save some money
http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,7388.msg93873.html#msg93873
Quote
I would like to post and take back what I said above - many apologies for informing incorrectly.
Anyone with LRS can renew through the website up to 3 months before their current contract ends, it'll sit on your account and replace the old contract once that runs out.
Again sorry for the misinformation above, hope that helps a few people out

Regards,
Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
Checked on mine and I will try tomorrow - see picture
Community Veteran
Posts: 38,460
Thanks: 1,031
Fixes: 62
Registered: ‎15-06-2007

Re: Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

Quote from: Bob
<snip>
The system should send an email notification well before the LRS pre-paid period is coming to an end with all the information you require for making an informed decision as to whether or not you want to stay with us.
<snip>
Quote
When will we be informed as to the increase in cost of the annual line rental saver so I can make an informed decision as whether I stay or move?
I don't think such notice will be sent until you're approaching the end of your current term. Plusnet forum 14th Sept Bob Pullen

As I mentioned above. I think it's around three months before the end of a 12 month term that you're sent an email/are able to renew your subscription.
It was also stated here by Bob but perhaps wasn't too obvious - I certainly missed it until now  Embarrassed
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Posts: 1,931
Thanks: 78
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎17-10-2007

Re: Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

Only yesterday and as you say it "wasn't too obvious" hence my question to ensure that there was no ambiguity and the information was correct.
Quote from: alanf
My LRS expires within the next 3 months (last paid 6th December 2011) but I have received no such invitation. Are you saying that if one pays before the price increase, one can purchase 12 months LRS at the current price to start from when ones current LRS ends even if that 12 months starts after the price increase?

Norbee
Grafter
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎19-01-2011

Re: Reflections on handling of annual line rental rise

Thank you for stabbing us in the stomach while squeesing the juice out of our bollocks!!!
Happy bunny customer  Crazy feel like being taken for an idiot...