cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referals

jorvikmik
Grafter

Referals

Feel a right idiot after advising a family member to use plusnet. Paid for hardware & subscription on the 17th. BT engineer phoned today to advise that he was setting up the line today. Checked with the order tracker and found that they had the 17th down for activatiation which didn't bother me as they wouldn't realise we get a very good service from BT locally who are quite often well ahead of quoted times. What did bother me was that the tracker showed the hardware as not ordered.  I thought a quick phone call would soon sort this out but initially they said it wasn't ordered and after I pointed out the invoice showed that it was paid for all that happened is they updated the tracker to show hardware order being processed. I had thought that the wired router would be here by tomorrow and had arranged to go fit it, this means a full day as It entails a boat trip.
I had thought that as I have a spare speedtouch 780WL I would use that, and as Plusnet had made a mistake they could just send a replacement 780WL to replace the one used. As it is it will mean fitting this one tomorrow and then going again when the wired router eventually arrives with me. Delivery is to my address and not where the line is located as it is for a relative who would not be able to fit herself due to other problems.
The lady I spoke to couldn't help and seemed to have a script to read from.  She did say very firmly that the line would not under any circumstances be activated until the 26th, but I will find out in the morning when I contact the local engineer. Twice within the last month I have lost broadband, once for 2 days but didn't report it to Plusnet as I knew it was a local BT equipment failure and would only give plusnet staff work that would only waste their time.
I will not be recomending any more customers to Plusnet.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Referals

Hi Jorvikmik,
Sorry about the hassle. I'll have a look at the order tomorrow but if it is completed early we can certainly activate the account for you. I'll also see if I can have a word with the agent concerned. The trouble with active dates is even if the work is done beforehand we can't raise any faults until the active date has passed (as the line isn't officially counted as live).
As regards hardware this should be dispatched tomorrow (I'm not sure if there's an evening dispatch from our warehouse but will check on that for you too) and should be with you in the next couple of days.
I'm sorry about the experience you've had with this.
jorvikmik
Grafter

I checked with the BT engineer this morning and he said they completed the work in the exchange yesterday. The problem is that I wanted to fit the modem today as otherwise it means making a special trip by boat to do this on another day. If the lady hadn't just been reading a script I would have suggested that I fit my spare speedwell 780 and leave it set up for when the line was activated,  and plusnet replace this with the same or similar model.

As it is with the extra cost of boat trips to swap the modems I am going to be out of pocket even taking into account the £6 referall payment. I also do not think it likely the modem would be here for the quoted activation date due to the post during the holiday period.
jorvikmik
Grafter

Hi Matt
The user account we are talking about is 'doocot'
The user is a lady with MS so we will have to set it up for her and hence the reason we asked for the modem to be posted to us.
What was really annoying was being told the hardware wasn't ordered and then when I pointed out the invoice deetails, the tracking being quickly updated and then being told that I was wrong. If I had been the only one looking at the tracking info I would have been led to believe that I hadn't read it correctly. I know we have to allow for the odd mistake but I am not happy with the 'pass the buck' attitude.
Fortunately in the past I and others I have put on Force9 & plusnet have had a pretty good service and I hope this is just a one off incident.
Mike