Did you mean: 

Recovered from voice fault - profile going down instead of up

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Recovered from voice fault - profile going down instead of up

Hi,
Check your "current speed" here on the PN portal - you will need to logon.  If this does not (nearly) match your BT profile, you'll not get the best data transfer speed.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mikko,
It's not showing as updated on the systems we get our updates from, but I've altered it on our systems to 77400 anyway - hope it makes a difference, please let us know.
mikko
Grafter

It has made a difference. I can get about 36Mbps DL via homeplugs.
mikko
Grafter

I had a call this morning (before 9 am) from BTOR engineer to say that he would come between 9.30 and 10. I said 'OK'. I assume it's related to Question #77125958
I hadn't received an email or call from PN about it - no prior warning at all..
It's now 11.05am and no sign of BTOR.
Does anyone in PN know what's going on? (Can I go out??)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Mikko,
Can't see anything on the fault ticket or notes that would suggest an engineer visit has been arranged, have you raised any faults on the phone line at all? Also hoping that the engineer has turned up and sorted things since you posted?
mikko
Grafter

The engineer said he'd be coming to the house to sort out of my phoneline and  broadband. Is it possible he phoned the wrong person? Wouldn't be surprised if someone turned up tomorrow - that BTOR monopoly.......................
A BTOR engineer came on 22/11/2013 and reset the DLM to 77.4Mbps and throughput went up from 26 to about 40Mbps. the history is on ticket #77125958.
I just find the phone call and subsequent non-appearance strange/annoying (especially after waiting in all morning).
mikko
Grafter

The BTOR engineer who was supposed to come today between 8 and 1 did not appear.  Cry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mikko, really sorry to hear that. I've checked the fault notes and there's nothing new available on there, I've also updated your ticket with that information. I'm sure the agent looking after your ticket will get back to you with an update soon.