cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really not happy with the service

Al3x
Dabbler

Really not happy with the service

Firstly I would like to thank the staff at plusnet for dealing with me politely  and promptly, that part of the service I cannot fault.
However I want to say I am a little annoyed with how the situation has panned out with my Plusnet order.  My fibre package was supposed to be setup by an engineer on the 5th May but he didnt turn up.  Apparently there were not enough engineers in the area.  This is a silly excuse but I thought fair enough, so after a week of waiting a new appointment was arranged, set for the 25th.  However  the engineer did not turn up again and I recieved no phone call or message to notify me that he would not be coming. I phoned plusnet and was informed my order had been cancelled because my MAC code had expired. 
I am a little annoyed as I should have been told this and I could have reapplied to my current ISP and got another one in time for the engineer to come out, now I have been told to get another MAC code and then phone up so plusnet can rebook which will further delay my order - which isnt my fault!
I explained I am not happy as I have already paid the connection fee and one month up front and I am still paying my current ISP monthly charges.  This may not be plusnet's fault as I appreciate it is BT Openreach who carry out the installations but I have waited long enough and been patient enough and for something as simple as switching provider this has turned into a nightmare.  It shouldnt be rocket science. 
I would also like to ad that on both occaisions I have taken time off work to wait for an engineer who never came, on two seperate occaisions and a total of 10 hours lost and to top it off I have no fibre connection still, 20 days later after it was promised.
I feel not a penny should be taken from me until this matter is resolved.  I am beginning to loose faith in a company that prides itself on customer service or so the TV advert says and I am not even using the service yet. 

Regards,
Alex
14 REPLIES 14
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Really not happy with the service

This really 'takes the biscuit'.  I'm afraid you're 'stuck with the system' but what a farce!
BT (Wholesale, I presume - though Openreach are responsible for the install) have a lot to answer for.
I'd be pushing for recompense after a second day off work - you might not get it but as a matter of principal it's worth making a stand.
I'd say this is not the fault of PlusNet at all but they really ought to be chasing 'their suppliers' for a satisfactory resolution on your behalf.
Once you're up and running I hope you'll find PN as good as I have.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oh no, not another . What have Plusnet done about these persistent failings by OpenReach ?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The same as always - everything we can. We're feeding back on all levels and have at least weekly calls with Openreach and Wholesale depending on whether it's to do with provisioning or faults, we're reporting every instance of a missed engineer and we keep escalating any issues we can.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As I've said before is this Openreach and Wholesale taking on far more work than their resources can handle considering the exceptional weather causing a number of MBORC situations.
If their resources are stretched then they should be setting more realistic expectations with their customers not just dishing out appointments they have no chance of fulfilling.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It seems no amount of "escalations" seems to show any improvement. As I've said before, and it's long overdue now, this should be taken up at CEO level. Jamie Ford should be giving Ian Livingstone some earache, or is he too busy playing with spread sheets or taking extended holiday.
@Al3x
I suggest you make a Formal Complaint and ask for some compensation for your wasted days off.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can't claim for the first day off work because you would have to do that to have the service installed anyway. You can claim for the second, and if they don't offer you an appointment that doesn't mean you have to take time off work when they actually do the installation (e.g. a Saturday) you can then claim for that also.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
The sooner Plusnet starts compensating people according to their rights and then seeking compensation from OpenRetch the sooner the management at OpenRetch might start to do something about it.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Al3x
Dabbler

Update:  After a few phone calls my order has been rebooked for the 14th August, this was the earliest they could fit it in apparently.  I am hoping that after this date from then on it will all be smooth.  My previous service providers will be hard to beat however, as I have used Entanet and BT for the last 8 years with only minor "hiccups" so I hope Plusnet can match or beat them.

Al3x
Dabbler

Update 2.
Recieved an email today from Plusnet notifying me that my service wont be enabled on the 14th, its now been moved a week later to the 20th. 
This is really starting to get my blood boiling.  First it was the 5th July, then the 25th July, then the 14th...and now its the 20th and they will still be taking money from me eventhough I am still paying my current service provider a monthly bill and paying plusnet for a service that they have not supplied.  I have paid the connection fee (which hasnt taken place) and a month up front, and another month and still no internet.
If my line is not activated by the 20th I will be cancelling the service and I will require a full refund. 
Not impressed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about how things have gone here. I've refunded the initial subscription payment from your first invoice in order to cover the £16.49 coming out this month and have also added a full credit for next months' payment - unfortunately we're unable to stop the current payment from going through, sorry about that.
I hope this covers the payments for now and am sorry that the installation has been delayed as long as it has - I can only conclude it's down to engineer availability what with the MBORC issues going on as per http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1344268052.htm and http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1343401050.htm.
Now that our suppliers have committed to the appointment date on the 20th things should progress smoothly from there.
Al3x
Dabbler

Thanks very much Matt.  I will hopefully have no further issues from now on.  I know its not Plusnet's fault and its down to BT but its just damn annoying that they cant be held accountable for this.  They should really be tied into some sort of aggreement to deal with P.N. customers in a certain time frame and be committed to it 100%.
I am happy with the individual service I have recieved, everyone I have spoken to has dealt with every enquiry from me with professionalism and a prompt manner.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to read about the issues you've had. Thanks for the feedback you've given, just let me know if you need any further assistance.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Al3x
Dabbler

Hi Adam.  The BT engineer came out today as promised, turned up at 8am on the dot and everything went smoothly.  The speed is only 2mb off what is promised (36 out of 38mb) but upload is a bit dissapointing;- (1.8 out of 9.5mb) but I am guessing this will improve once the line has bedded in properly? 
Thanks for sorting the refund out, I got it but unfortunatley two days later another one was taken out.  If that can be cleared up I believe thats my line and account sorted. 
Once again, thanks very much to everyone at plusnet whom I have dealt with.  I work in I.T. myself and know exactly what its like, patience is a virtue and not everything can go smoothly with technology and the implementation of it.  Everyone makes mistakes and comes across problems, its how you deal with them that is the deciding factor and plusnet employees have dealt with my account and issues in a professional manor so far.  90% of the problem was BT Openreach whom after a month and half have redeemed themselves. 
Thanks,
Alex
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You will have been provisioned on 40/2 which was the standard product when your fibre was ordered.
See http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/08/14/superfast-plusnet-fibre-gets-even-faster/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Al3x
Dabbler

Right, just want to say I am very happy with my fibre package. Upgraded to the £19.99pm option and now I have 52mb download /12.5mb upload.
A big thank you to Plusnet!