cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really let down!!! Good reason to be very disappointed!!!

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Really let down!!! Good reason to be very disappointed!!!

The DLM has applied this sometime ago, we can certainty turn this off, it will also help reduce your ping Lodge01.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I see the order for this has been placed: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,126165.msg1106426.html#msg1106426
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Lodge01
Grafter

Thanks Chris!
Cheers also for your help & input Jelv!
Those stats were a day or two old. Latest attached below below.
emich34

thanks for all this info will definately by contacting as well. unacceptable service from PN IMO.
Lodge01
Grafter

Guess who's back....

Back again!  Angry
So, after all this....> http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127037.0.html. Then being told that problem was finally fixed after more than four months of horrible service & extreme annoyance etc.
The issue started again after only 2 weeks of an "OK" service.
Speed & broadband quality has been gradually dropping over the last week!

I will update the ticket I refused to close, in spite of the numerous messages I received telling me to close immediately.
Lodge01
Grafter

Re: Guess who's back....

Seems ticket was somehow closed yesterday. Typically inconvenient!  Shocked
[Edit Tues 06:27] Router stats added.
Unsure why only recorded 1 days activity. Hmmm!!!
Lodge01
Grafter

Please view http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,128112.0.html for current state of play.
Can't say I'm surprised. It's pretty much what I expected to happen!
Hence why I didn't close ticket. But, lo & behold, ticket was apparently closed the day after it started dropping beneath 5mb, & a day before I posted on the above link.
And coincidently, the very same day my connection speed dropped completely to around 2mb's.
Like I say, probably just a coincidence though. Hmmmm!!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
Let's be clear here, from the information you've posted for what appears to be a 20CN ADSL service you've got a dammed good service.  SYNCH speed is about the best you can ever get and the error count is low.  That rather means that the slow DATA TRANSFER speed test results are down to either your LAN connectivity (or concurrency) or exchange congestion or one of the profile settings (BT or PN) is wrong.  At the moment your line is doing the best that this technology will deliver.
I take it that BTOR do not provide the more modern and superior 21CN service on your exchange?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: emich34
thanks for all this info will definately by contacting as well. unacceptable service from PN IMO.

If you read the issue details with an open mind, the poor service / protracted resolution arise from BTOR.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Lodge01
Seems ticket was somehow closed yesterday. Typically inconvenient!  Shocked

The ticket closed automatically after 14 days of inactivity.
Your profile is currently set correctly, was it last night/this morning that you have seen the difference?
Lodge01
Grafter

If you read the issue details with an open mind, the poor service / protracted resolution arise from BTOR.

Yeah, yeah, maybe so.
Myself & Ofcom have have another stance on the matter though.
One where the ISP has also acted largely incompetently on this paying customers behalf!
Lack of any response from any PN staff on this or the other post in BB forum also speak volumes.
Just an observation! Having already observed plenty of other posts responded to this morning!
Just saying.  Roll_eyes
Lodge01
Grafter

@ Chris
As stated above, speed & quality issues initially started to decline around a week ago.
However, if you can recall, or even re-read what was written previously. Then you'll be reminded that I did state to you that connection still wasn't totally without issues after fix.
Hence, why I did say I'd keep my eye on it, not close the ticket yet, & also keep you posted.
Also, have a look at the two screenshots posted by myself for PN's benefit, the dates & times are in the bottom right corner of the images.
Lodge01
Grafter

Oops! My mistake it seems! There is a reply on the other post.
For whatever reason.... I definitely didn't see that there 10 minutes ago.
Must be losing my mind or something with all the pent up frustration & disappointment in my lousy ISP!  Cry
Lodge01
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
Hi,
Let's be clear here, from the information you've posted for what appears to be a 20CN ADSL service you've got a dammed good service.  SYNCH speed is about the best you can ever get and the error count is low.  That rather means that the slow DATA TRANSFER speed test results are down to either your LAN connectivity (or concurrency) or exchange congestion or one of the profile settings (BT or PN) is wrong.  At the moment your line is doing the best that this technology will deliver.
I take it that BTOR do not provide the more modern and superior 21CN service on your exchange?

Dunno what planet your from fella, but I don't call a 2mb connection & dropping - on a 8.15mb profile - easily capable of providing a steady & consistent 7mb plus downloadable service (As it has for the last 8 years) "A DAMN GOOD SERVICE".

To be honest with you my friend, I don't actually consider that you have anything worthwhile to contribute to this post, if all your going to do is post complete nonsense like that. Including your regular & predictable utterances about it all being BTOR & BTW fault.
As I've already made clear to you, I'm contracted with PN, not the other two. I can only evaluate the consistency & reliability of my service & response as a paying PlusNet customer. Not as a BTOR or BTW customer, as you keep trying to insinuate I should.
It's people like you, with daft idea's like that, which holds back progress, And ultimately enables companies & business's from performing their duty to their paying customers!
Please don't waste anymore of your lame philosophy & calculating words of wisdom on me or my posts. Thank you!
My only reason for being here is to hopefully sort this all out as quickly & efficiently with a staff member. Not to pointlessly & idly converse with a have-a-go know-it-all.
Lodge01
Grafter

@ Townman
Oh dear!
Did I just read that wrong? Were you just trying to be constructive in your own inquisitive way?
Maybe your not meaning to be the jump up twerp I thought you were.
If that's the case - then I do apologise to you!!
I'm just a little stressed & frustrated at the mo!
GAWD at the meaningless stress's of the so-called modern age..... & all that B*LL#X.