cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really let down!!! Good reason to be very disappointed!!!

Lodge01
Grafter

Really let down!!! Good reason to be very disappointed!!!

Can someone please provide me with the CEO's Name & email address.
Also, an official plusnet complaint email, & any other professional complaints body that may also exist other than Ofcom.
Thanks!
Fault first reported January 5th 2014. This is the situation so far.....
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,126165.0.html
P.S.
I also have every intention of contacting "Which?", both directing them to the above link, & the broadband general messaging board!
I understand PlusNet is hoping for the "The 2014 Best Telecom Provider Award".
59 REPLIES 59
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Really let down!!! Good reason to be very disappointed!!!

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Lodge01,
Apologies for the delay in response, I'm taking a look through your fault ticket and the thread you've linked to and I'll report back with an update asap with the best steps to take to get this resolved.
Lodge01
Grafter

Many Thanks for the link Pwatson!
Still requiring the CEO's email address if anyone else here can help out with that.
Thanks!
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Plusnet

Mr Andy Baker Chief Executive

Email andy.baker@plus.net
Website http://www.plus.net
Social Media T

Postal Address The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU, UKM
Lodge01
Grafter

Thank you very much Tijara33!
Right, guess I'm about to have a busy few days typing & clicking send.
MikeL28

Thank you, too, Tijara. I was just looking for that information. I've also been badly let down.
I ordered Fibre on 14th April and was given a date of 24th for Install; when contracted engineer arrived, mission aborted as no Fibre-Router had been sent to me. This was followed by complete silence from Plusnet. When I chased on the 1st May it seemed that it hadn't been ordered! I received the Router on the 3rd May, postmarked 2nd May from BT. Install was organised and confirmed for today 9th May (08.00 - 13-00).When I phoned to find out why 'No Show', I was told that OpenReach said the order was never confirmed to them. !!**!! Offered a new date for the 23rd May - another two weeks! I've said "Not good enough" and asked for escalation. At this time, I live in hope.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: MikeL28
when contracted engineer arrived, mission aborted as no Fibre-Router had been sent to me

Rather unfortunate that you got a duff OpenReach engineer! It is pretty easy to connect a single PC directly to the OpenReach supplied modem by Ethernet cable to get the fibre service working. When the router arrives you can then simply plug it in and get all devices connected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@lodge01
I've taken a look into this and have seen that your exchange is currently a hot VP; current capacity issues. We've not been given a repair time for this at present so I have requested to see if and when this will happen.
Sorry this has dragged out for you, I'll do my utmost to get this resolved for you in a very timely manner. I'll keep you posted with any updates.
@MikeL28
Apologies you not receiving the fibre router caused this issue, I can see we're arranging to expedite this which will mean an appointment a lot sooner than 23rd May. As jelv mentions it would have been nice if the engineer did the work still as you could have connected, but if you had the router in the first place there would have been no need I guess.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

@MikeL28, yes your engineer was a total twit. I didn't have a router when I upgraded (my fault, I told PN that I already had one, not realising that I needed a different one for fiber.) My engineer still completed the modem installation & then I connected the PN fibre router when it arrived the next day.
Lodge01
Grafter

@ Chris Purvey
As I've stated on my other post, I have a little more confidence now you have taken the issue upon your own shoulders to see it gets sorted.
Only wish one of you guys/gals had done so a lot sooner.
Incidentally, I was recently informed via a ticket reply that the VP faults had been repaired, even though no improvement was evident... My cynicism about this information is evident on post #40.
I really do hope I not about to experience déja vu any day soon......
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I saw that we stated the VP was OK, I've looked at the latest report and it's definitely not.
I'm still waiting on a response from our suppliers regarding your connection, I'll be chasing this again if I haven't heard anything soonish.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@lodge01,
If you want to shout at any of the consumer bodies about your experience, please ensure that you make plainly clear that your problem has its root cause in the inadequate service (not) being provided by BTOR.
It is THEIR systems which are screwed up impacting your speed, it was THEIR engineer who did not deliver MikeL28's modem.  If you do write to PN's CEO you might ask what is he doing to sort them out... or does his BT strings inhibit such action?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lodge01
Grafter

Erm, Excuse me.....
While I am indeed fully aware of this fact, Townman. There is also the fact that PlusNet failed to deliver, & even attempted to conceal from me relevant information. Consistently tried ending the case without checking with me first the state of my connection.
Also, regardless of how many times I raised the fact this is a persistent & reoccurring fault - Absolutely no initiative was taken by any member of the faults team to engage in a purposeful conversation with BTW to investigate & resolve this issue at any stage, until now.
My contract is with PlusNet, not with BTW.
We pay our isp's to deliver an acceptable service. Whom, hence take on the responsibility & singular duty to "effectively" intercede with all other parties involved ( such as OR/BTW ) when necessary.
Indeed, the initial fault started with BTW's infrastructure. YES, this circumstance most definitely exposed an unfitting run of failings on PlusNet's side too.
These are my observations & criticisms, these are just some of the points & facts which will be delivered.
If PlusNet staff are unable to conciliate with their suppliers on their customers behalf (within an acceptable schedule) a reliable service which is defined by a committed contract..... then what on earth am I paying for exactly???
Four months + of omitted/inferior sustention is not an acceptable service period to still be left without resolution.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Lodge01,
Chris is chasing this up for you and he'll provide an update on here as soon as he receives it. Sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused.