cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really appauling standard of service

kasbahsmum

Really appauling standard of service

I am shocked that a company so large can be so inept.... They were supposed to text me to let me know that my line was active - NO text. Then they were supposed to add evenings and weekend calls, they said that they emailed me to let me know that this add on was not going to be active until april... NO EMAIL! so now I owe money on calls that I made thinking that it was under that deal.... and they say that they can't do anything about it. This is a new way of dealing with customers then, tell them that their hands are tied and that is that.  Angry  I wouldn't be so upset if it hadn't been for the fact I checked about 3 times that I was on the deal, as I really can't afford to make calls at any other time!! Wish they would listen to what I was saying 😞
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Really appauling standard of service

Hi kasbahsmum,
I'm sorry for what's happened here. I've looked through your account and I can see where the confusion with dates has come from and for this, I'm really sorry.
I've arranged a good will gesture on your account, you can view this at http://contactus.plus.net under Ticket: 83060840.
KK
Grafter

Chris - why was it necessary for the OP to come onto this forum in order to get the complaint dealt with?  Why wasn't it dealt with by the call centre operative?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

KK,
The agent made a mistake on the ticket which provided an incorrect date for the switch over. A further e-mail was subsequently sent with the correct details on it - so the correct information was given, eventually but a mistake meant that confusion was caused.
Unfortunately human error happens and I've passed feedback on in this instance for the agent in question to be a little more careful in future. I've provided a gesture of good will to kasbahsmum and this has been provided on a ticket on kasbahsmum's account in light of the situation. I am in no doubt that this could have been dealt with over the phone, however, kasbahsmum has posted on the forum which is why this has been dealt with here.
KK
Grafter

Chris - kasbahsmum was apparently told by the call centre operative that there was nothing that the call centre operative could do to help .  Apparently, this was not true.
The original 'mistake' was to provide an incorrect date for the switchover, right?  So why was this not obvious to the subsequent call centre operative in the same way that it was obvious to you?
The number of dissatisfied customers who manage to find their way onto this forum is very small - no more than a handful every few days.  But kasbahsmum's experience with your call centre is completely average/normal/typical.
On which agent have you passed 'feedback'?  The one who made the original mistake?  Or the one who couldn't be bothered to give serious consideration to kasbahsmum's enquiry?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I have provided feedback on both, which will be dealt with internally.