Did you mean: 

Reality Bites!

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Reality Bites!

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

EDIT:
I've just dug into the phone system issue and discovered that another reason which can stop our systems finding the account from the number you've called from is if that number is listed on multiple accounts, I'm not sure if that applies to both you dsluk and Mayflower but it's worth considering.

Adam FYI re the non finding of my phone number,  I only have one account with PN but do have a just mail account MAAF.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Adam,
Surely the CLI match should be to the service provision number (which would be unique) not the contact number, which as you suggest might be associated with a number of accounts.
I have never had my CLI recognised when calling from the landline number to which the service is provided, nor from my mobile which is associated with the account.  I am always asked to key the phone number.
Note even after keying the relevant service line number, the agent still needs / asks for my account name, so what's the point if CLI or keying in the number... it apparently does not get the account details in front of the agent by the time the pick the call.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dsluk
Grafter

Could not have put it better myself! It all worked fine when my phone was with BT retail, switched phoneline to Plusnet and has not worked since, as you say the system should be looking for the CLI,and for whatever reason it is clearly not working, I also have the issue where no info transferred to the agent once keyed in manually. Do I think this will be fixed? No, Do I think Plusnet care enough to even bother trying to fix it, No, Do I think that Plusnet have been papering over the cracks for years, and now the house is about to fall down, Hell yes!
jim:quote
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Afternoon folks,
Apologies for the delay in updating this thread, I've had a bit of back and forth with our IT support team who manage the phone system trying to get to the bottom of this for you.
I can confirm that the feature that picks up on the number is active and also working. Testing this on our side seems to work perfectly when entering a number so I did a little more investigation and it seems that both of you have some remnants of old accounts that could be stopping you from seeing the feature work correctly.
@dsluk - It seems you have an old pay-as-you-go account with us which carries the CLI you have with us now as some form of contact number so this will block the feature as you have another account with the same details.
@Townman - Yours is a little more complex, when an account is first created at signup it will normally require some work on the provisioning side, this creates a temporary account that holds customer details while we have a second which holds the account types and features. Ultimately these two accounts are merged along the provisioning route and the temporary account is deleted (don't quote me on this, it's a lot more complex however this is the way it makes sense to in my mind Grin ). Unfortunately in your instance this still seems to be in existence within the database which I presume is causing the same problem as above.
In total, the feature looks at the number calling against all contact details across the database so this not only checks the CLI but it will also check the Daytime, Evening, Mobile and Fax numbers which can be recorded against an account. As such if this sees a multiple accounts that have the same contact number in any of these fields, it will then default to none of them and just give the options for a new customer as it cannot detect which account the customer is calling for.
If you're both happy for me to to clear up these accounts I'll remove the contact details from them both and we can then test to see if this resolves the problem!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Adam,
Thank you for your diagnostics - real dirt digging!  I've checked the contact numbers on the account and they all look fine, but if there is an internal problem, please fix it.  Many years ago I was on pay as you go dial-up is that related to the issue?  Also there is the possibility that my number appears on my (deceased) father's well defunct dial-up account "thirlby", which can be deleted.  I also wonder if either of my numbers are on any if my referral accounts.  I know my mobile used to be on the church account, but it is no more.
Is it possible to "profile" this problem and thereby identify accounts having this issue?  Fixing it across the peace would make life much easier for the call centre and cool user's frustrations.
If you need me to test anything just ask.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kevin,
I'll be sure to take some action on that rogue account for you and remove the numbers so you'll have to let me know how you get on once its been cleared!
I think you're right, a good clean up of these hidden/defunct accounts would probably benefit a few people. I'll raise it as an idea on cutting wait times and see what we come out with  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Adam,
I know that the last few days have been manic... but has this been lodged with anyone for action please so that it is not lost?  The defunct account still appears on my referrals list, so I cannot be sure if you've had it removed and I have had no need to phone the support desk to test if the CLI recognition has been fixed.
Kevin

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kevin,
The account hasn't been fully removed as of yet, the contact details were removed and given that this is a bit of a ghost account it should just vanish on the next database clear up.
The removal of the contact details will be the real test though as you shouldn't have another account which holds your current contact information other than the account you have active now so when you do call we should see the issue resolved and the account identified.
Do let me know how it goes though  Wink