Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why am I being charged £12 instead of £10

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I see on the TV last night that the OFT are looking at unfair charges above cost being made for paying by credit cards. A banking spokesperson also agreed and said suppliers are charged between 1.75 to 3 % which is at least several times what PN are charging us.
Quote from: Jameseh
Alex,
Why not give us a ring or raise a ticket answering this question?
Both calls and tickets are answered quickly by a member of our team who would be able to give you an answer to your query without your needing to come to the forum and ask Smiley
In answer to your question, this is due to the £1.50 non direct debit surcharge.  If you take out a direct debit with us, then you will go back to paying £9.99 per month.
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Glloyd
We've explained in the previous threads on this that the £1.50 charge isn't just to cover the fees we're charged by the bank, have a look through these threads for the information:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,92631.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,92325.0.html
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91301.0.html
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
glloyd
Rising Star

Yes I know you have explained it but from what I understand this is one of the things being investigated. What you are doing is even worse than those who just overcharge because you are penalising the good payers to compensate for the bad payers.
Chris
Legend

There isn't anything I can add to this conversation that we haven't already discussed in the previous threads, sorry if that sounds a bit blunt but that's how it is.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
glloyd
Rising Star

I can understand why you wish this matter to die a death but it aint going to go away. Over recent months I have spoken to no end of businesses and they have all said the amount of credit card transactions that fail are so small you stand more chance of getting hit by a bus. I have also spoken to several credit card providers and they have all said that unless the card is a lot over drawn they will honour payments and none payments are very rare.
I accepted credit card in business from the time they were introduced and never know the provider not pay up. So I don't believe there are the amount of failures that PlusNet claim that justifies the rip off charges. It's obvious the OFT and banks don't agree either otherwise there would not be the enquiry.
Chris
Legend

they have all said the amount of credit card transactions that fail are so small you stand more chance of getting hit by a bus.

That isn't what the figures show:
Quote from: Bob
Let's look at it another way then. The failure rate of card payers *far* exceeds that of our Direct Debit payers. The transaction failure rate for Direct Debit averages about 1.5%. The failure rate of card transactions is about 12%. I needed tell you that repeat transactions cost us more money.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63