cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Taking complaints furtuer

ravikumar

I have switched my Tel and broadband to PlusNet pursuant to order of 24/2/2017.  Since then for some reason or other the activation date was changed.  They keep saying technical issue and software issue.  On Mon 3rd Apr they activated Phone and broadband they are not unable to place an order saying their is a issue and I running between SKY and PlusNet without any resolution.  PlusNet admit that there has been a mistake on their part and they should have activated Broadband and then Phone.  Now further informs me that previous provider SKY marking is till their on the line and they can place order only after marking is removed.  Today I spoke to SKY and they say that PlusNet is talking nonsense.  I have trying to reach o COO or MD of PlusNet to speak to and understand how they are still surviving with poor customer service and I am not able to reach them.  I do not know how they accepted my order if they did not have the capability to deliver the service.  I have paid for full year subscription in advance in February 2017 and waiting to be serviced.  Is this fair on their part?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
A warm welcome to the forums. It is unfortunately all too often the case that BTw and BT Openreach business databases have errors in them which can make it virtually impossible for any ISP to place service orders. Sorting out their problems can be protracted. There is a similar instance elsewhere on this forum.
@Darkfire - are you able to advise (again) here please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Your 12 month subscription relates only to line rental, known as LRS, not the Broadband element.
Suggest instead of trying to reach someone at the top of tree why not get realistic, and use the CHAT option below; ensure
any pop up blockers turned off on your browser.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi @ravikumar

I've asked the mods to split your query out into a new thread so that it doesn't distract from Msknights issue as that's a technical support issue I'd prefer to leave to someone who knows that side of things in more detail.

In regards to your problems, if you could pop me a message with your plusnet username I will take a look and see what is needed to get you connected asap

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

OP post and replies moved as requested.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Thanks Mav, 

@ravikumar, I've checked your account and been through all the actions taken thus far. From what I can see I would think that there has been an issue with the line records for the broadband asset on your line for some time, it just hasn't been noticed as it was working and not causing issues with the active service.

When we tried to take over both phone and broadband, the broadband order failed twice due to it not building correctly in BT wholesale's backend systems, this caused a cancellation of the phone order which is designed to prevent only one service being taken over. 

As we could not take over the broadband at the time, the decision was made to take over just your phone service, then once we had that we could correct any issues on the broadband side and get that brought over to us, however once the phone was with us that wasn't picked up at the time and broadband orders were placed, which, like the original, failed twice more.

A colleague of mine raised a case with BT Wholesale yesterday to have them correct the line issues, which have been found to be a marker on the line stating that there is active Fibre broadband service, this isn't tagged to a provider and is more of a BT Wholesale system issue than your previous provider at fault in this instance.

BTW have responded and advised they see the error and can confirm it is an issue and have raised this to one of their internal teams to remove the offending items.

Once these markers have been removed we can get a new order in place and we will request that every effort is made by BTW to activate this asap due to the previous issues, I'll keep an eye on this over the next few days however I think you're in good hands at the minute.

If you have any issues please do let me know Smiley