cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rubbish service

UserX

Yup- same experience: you just get staff insouciance.  After waiting on hold for.ever, when you do get somebody, they will just fob you off.  The best bit is when they pass the buck for the extensive delays on BT, when PlusNet is owned by BT.  Brillian.  When my contract is done, so is PlusNet.

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post split to its own thread.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@UserX wrote:

The best bit is when they pass the buck for the extensive delays on BT, when PlusNet is owned by BT.  Brillian. 

Plusnet,Openreach and BT Wholesale are all separate companies owned by BT plc.

As such Plusnet have no control and very little influence in the other divisions. I agree that they should be able to be much more proactive in chasing up delays in these other organisations but they have no control over their work programme.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@UserX

A “vent” can be cathartic but what is it you want help with?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

UserX

I don't need catharsis.  No, just warning other users that 10 years on, PlusNet has no idea about service.  We pay for contracts, we expect that PlusNet meet their own service standards.  Nothing more.  Patronizing comments like this do nothing to resolve history of poor service going back 10 years.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

So you are not in need of assistance today?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"So you are not in need of assistance today?"

Probably not, no doubt giving some feedback. The clue is in the title of this section!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Indeed, though some people come here to complain that they cannot get the help they seek ... without mentioning the issues they seek help with.  Having asked, often their needs can be met by the community members.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Are you the only one who has not noticed a steady decline in PN service here ? and on the phones ,social media ..

Yes most peoples connections work 99% of the time , but when help from staff is needed it is very sparse 🤔

yes you can blame some on CV19 but not all

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I see very clearly the challenge of getting support, which I why when someone complains about the challenge of contacting it’s important to determine if they have an issue requiring help ... or they just want to complain.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I have only used PN support twice ever.

Once I think when I first setup the account as the router was a pile of 💩(must have been around 2002, cor 18 years ago that has gone quick - scary 😟). Hope I don't get told off for that, like last time on the (lack of) humour thread. Though I have used a genuine emoticon that Lithium have provided here this time. Looking forward to the PC brigade around here for telling me off.

Anyway, I'll try and calm down ..

The other time was when I needed to change the direct debit details and that was fixed by a very helpful person from customer services.

We haven't had any problems. My sister uses the PlusNet connection for WFH. I run the IT around her house, which isn't far from me. She doesn't even know their PlusNet username or password. Not that it is a secret, just she hasn't ever asked me. My niece also uses it for content streaming.

So the IT round her house is my job. I would soon know about it if there were any internet problems round there. It would take my sister around a yoctosecond (if that) to ring me up and complain to me.

So thanks PlusNet for giving my ear drums a rest. I hope it will last.  

I think the virus has affected everyone in some way.