Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is the service anything to write home about??? - Dogslow's problem

DogSlow
Grafter

Quote from: coolj
Even a simple, "we haven't lost this and are still working on it" type of response let's us know something is going on..
Regards
Andrew

I couldn't agree more. My complaint ticket regarding my lost domain name and e-mail account has been running for 5 days without the slightest hint of a relevant response from Plusnet support. A ticket raised on Tuesday morning finally picked up a relevant response last night.
JUST KEEP US INFORMED!
I use capitals deliberately, because I AM SHOUTING! Angry
John B
Off topic posts split off and post title changed
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Is the service anything to write home about???

running for 5 days without the slightest hint of a relevant response from Plusnet support

Is what I've been doing to help you not relevant?
I'm working on this issue again now and I'll be in touch ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DogSlow
Grafter

Adam,
perhaps you might want to move this to my post, but no, it turns out that setting up all those accounts was totally irrelevant! Mail was never being accepted by the Plusnet servers. Unfortunately, whilst well-intentioned,it seems to me that all that our actions did was muddy the waters.
I appreciate that you tried to help, as did Jelv, and I have shown that appreciation in my rant on these forums. However this topic was regarding answers to tickets, and I'm afraid that's what I was commenting on, and that's letting your Company down appallingly.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

whilst well-intentioned,it seems to me that all that our actions did was muddy the waters.

OK, I'll stay out of this one then, can you tell me why you think that please what I did was a relevant solution to the issue. Mailboxes do not have to be set up but due to the way you seem to want to operate your e-mail what I suggested was entirely relevant.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DogSlow
Grafter

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this discussion to continue, however.
I want one mailbox from which I wish to download e-mails sent to my domain.
I sort all e-mail as they arrive at my PC using rules in Outlook.
All mails arriving here then pop into the folders for various members of my family.
I have never used, and can see no situation in which I would ever use, various @myname.plus.net e-mail addresses.
All I want, and indeed all I have ever wanted, is for e-mail, addressed to me at anything@mydomain.co.uk, to be somewhere I can access them as I used to so so easily at Madasafish before I foolishly asked for an "upgrade"
I note that, "Help Assistant Question [ 39683454 ] has now been returned to the CSC - G pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."
Deep joy, theyve been investigatin for 5 days to no avail. If it wasn't for the fact that I would have to wait a quoted 15 minutes for someone to pick up the phone I would have a MAC code and be talking to another ISP at the moment.. Angry
and , of course, I still have no domain name registered to my account, I have no e-mail, and haven't for a week!

Aplogies to coolj for hijacking this thread, but I'm a trifle miffed.
John B
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Dogslow
Your requirement is very easy.
Just set one of your mailboxes as a catchall and remove all the others
DogSlow
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim,
If only it were that simple.
John B
Oldjim
Resting Legend

If it isn't lets take a step back.
Is the domain hosted at Plusnet
If it is then any email addressed to dogslow@mydomain.co.uk or dogslow@username.plus.com or indeed dogslow@anyotherdomain.com will all be treated as one email address
If the domain isn't hosted at Plusnet then the emails will be handled by the hosting company and shouldn't go anywhere near the Plusnet system
Alternatively if the problem is that your domain has vanished into a black hole in the transfer from Metronet then ignore the above as it isn't relevant
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Jim,
The mailbox configuration is a side issue.
At the moment the Plusnet servers are refusing to accept any mail for his domain.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DogSlow
Grafter

Hello Oldjim (and Jelv to whom I owe thanks for his help)
Your "Black hole" scenario is almost exactly where we're at I'm afraid. It appears to me that the initial move went wrong somewhere (far too technical for me), and my domain name has been lost /mislaid /uninstalled / re-installed /and back and forth for about a week now. The upshot is that the only e-mail I've had has been various test messages from inside the Plusnet empire.
The mailbox thing was tried in an attempt to find the mail, but as none of it was actually getting into the Plusnet servers, we were always on a hiding to nothing.
My massive rant is available to all elsewhere in this sub-forum (sorry, I don't know how to post a link )
and of course a week after this all started I still have no e-mail!
John B
Oldjim
Resting Legend

DogSlow
Grafter

Yes indeed, I wouldn't bother ploughing your way through it all though, it's mostly me venting. What a pity these little Smileys don't have one for "Infuriated", because that, in it's literal sense, is how I've been.
DogSlow
DogSlow
Grafter

Oldjim,
Is it possible to lock this thread, it's a spin off from another and doesn't seem to further my search for e-mail in any way.
Many thanks
DogSlow
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Of course I can  Grin