cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Early disconnection on house move

bobdmarriott
Dabbler

I arranged to have my connection disconnected, and reconnected at a new property for today (14th), however dates got changed around.

I informed Plusnet of this, and the date for the connection at the new property got pushed back to the 21st. However the connection at my current property still got cut today, leaving me a week with no internet connectivity.

From start of this thread, this has just happened to me this weekend:

• House move from ASDL to fibre arranged a month in advance.
  • House chain collapsed a few days later.  Put connection date back by a month, and specifically asked Plusnet agent to ensure existing ASDL connection and landline kept connected, ie move cease date to same as new connection date.
  • Landline and ASDL cut on original move date, followed by several call waiting hell and webchat sessions over the weekend.  Latest Plusnet agent indicated landline reconnected by today lunchtime, but just received notification that at least another 48 hours as stopped line still not registered.

My question: How often does this fiasco happen?  I appreciate the feedback in this thread that Plusnet agents are having to deal with disparate IT systems, but from a personal level I find it very frustrating that people view the lack of communication between Plusnet and Openreach as "one of those things".

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title slightly after split from this thread.

27 REPLIES 27
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Disconnected Early on house move

@bobdmarriott

It looks like the required-by date on the cease order at your previous address wasn't changed.

I'll pass feedback on to the adviser in regards to that.

Unfortunately, it appears that there no stopped lines showing at your address for us to simply reactivate which is strange because the line hasn't been ceased for long. On the face of it, we may need to arrange an engineer visit to install a new line, however the order has progressed through the required activity where we can request the line is just reactivated.

We'll contact our suppliers tomorrow in regards to that.

We'll also make sure your broadband is placed back on the line as quickly as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobdmarriott
Dabbler

Thanks for update on Monday.

I've just contacted Plusnet via webchat, expecting support update that old phone number would be active today with broadband reactivation to follow shortly.  Got this:

Dear Mr Marriott,

thank you for your web chat today your ID is 4297914568 

sorry the original order for landline re connection has been cancelled we have replaced this order and we will be in touch in the next 24hours to get the go live date 

reference is OR0000007789460

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 10th August at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

***internal*****

check order OR0000007789460

and get this expedited

What's going on?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name/s removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like instead of waiting for the phone order to complete, to then renumber the line, the agent has cancelled the order and placed it afresh with your number. Our provisioning team will get back to you shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Split to it's own thread and title changed slightly.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bobdmarriott
Dabbler

My support question for this now has 21 posts.

Latest update: Finally got hold of someone helpful on provisioning team on Friday 4th August.  They said an engineer visit was booked for 15th August - this date wasn't on the support question thread.  He also said he couldn't find my original landline number attached to any address.  As waiting nearly a fortnight is unacceptable;

I have sent a request to try and either remove the engineer appointment or bring this date forward. Once we have had a response, we will update you.

I've not heard anything yet.  I'm waiting to see if anything happens today before sending a complaints email to Andy Baker.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved yet

I have contacted our suppliers just now. They've advised me they will remove the appt from the order, and expedite it so the order should complete by the end of the day. Once that's done we'll place your broadband order.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobdmarriott
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for chasing this up. (From your post yesterday):

and expedite it so the order should complete by the end of the day.

Does this mean Openreach should have reconnected my landline yesterday?  As of now, there is no dial tone on my landline.

Should I leave this with yourself and the technical forum, or should I be contacting the Provisioning team myself?

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

After discussing this with our suppliers, it appears their line test has failed and it needs an engineer visit to further investigate and get the line up and running. It's been booked in for Friday AM. Can you let us know if it's not suitable?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobdmarriott
Dabbler

Thanks for requesting an engineer appointment. Here's what happened:
Wed 9 Aug - Openreach sent text to confirm engineer visit for Fri 11 Aug between 8am and 1 pm.
Thu 10 Aug - without any notification, landline with original number started working around lunchtime (which was good, but without 1571 or caller ID which I have in my Plusnet addons). Didn't cancel engineer visit in case there were still problems with the line. Broadband still not working.
Fri 11 Aug - Without any update, Openreach engineer arrives at 6pm (not in the morning). He didn't seem to know why he was there or what he was doing frankly. He tested the line, said there was a fault, and then later said he couldn't find anything wrong with the line (without doing anything), and that broadband should be working shortly. He then left (back to London where he's based!)

Could I get my broadband reconnected now? Thanks.
I've also been billed a full month by Plusnet for phone and fibre - I guess I'll sort this out once I'm fully reconnected.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like your ticket has since been picked up and we've placed your broadband order on the newly completed line. These type orders bear a lead time of 4 working days, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Shows you that the engineer knew nothing about your situation, and that the broadband hadn't even been ordered.Angry

@Gandalf  Is there any way to expedite the broadband order as things seem to be taking a very long time to sort out?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’ll see what I can do tomorrow.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobdmarriott
Dabbler

Broadband seems to have been reconnected on Saturday 19th August - thank you for sorting that out.

I'd like caller ID and 1571 to be put back (caller ID is one of the extras that I pay for).  Is there anything I need to do for this?

I'd also like to move back the connection date for the new property (phone number unknown) which is due for an engineer date on this Thursday 24th August.  Could I move it back to 22nd September or sometime around then please?  I'd prefer to do this via the Forum rather than by phoning Plusnet services if possible. I don't want my existing service to be disconnected, and I have more confidence in this Forum than contacting another frontline agent who has no knowledge of this problem "saga".

Many thanks for sorting this out.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@bobdmarriott wrote:

I'd like caller ID and 1571 to be put back (caller ID is one of the extras that I pay for).  Is there anything I need to do for this?

I've placed the order to get these services re-added, they should be live shortly.

I'd also like to move back the connection date for the new property (phone number unknown) which is due for an engineer date on this Thursday 24th August.  Could I move it back to 22nd September or sometime around then please?  

I'll reply to your house move ticket with your new appointment time once its confirmed with our suppliers.

Many thanks for sorting this out.

Sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager