cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: VERY poor customer service on changing to unlimited.

keithaf

RESOLVED: VERY poor customer service on changing to unlimited.

I am very disappointed by the poor level of service received after requesting to go on the Unlimited plan on 17th February.  I specifically looked at the site on the 17th to make this change as a support email sent to me on the 16th clearly indicated that a plan was on the way that would be better suited to my needs.
My request was taken and the change put through very quickly.  However, I am having to wait until my next billing date to benefit.  What gets me annoyed here is that the change went through before you billed me for this month.  When asking if it could be changed I have an email to say that "we would normally be able to do this for you."  So in those circumstances I asked if you would compromise and waive any over-run until my next date - you have said no.  On top of this every single reply has come from a separate person.
I have been with you for years since metronet, have two accounts with you and when I changed the other account mid-way through the month this change happened and everything was charged pro-rata.
Plusnet you are showing no customer service and flexibility in what is the worst recession this country has seen in 80 years!
Are you completely mad?
I notice from your blog you have found the time to celebrate your product launch. Congratulations you have bought yourself up to the expectations of customers in today's broadband market.  But perhaps you would like to turn your efforts and attention to getting on top of customer service.
14 REPLIES 14
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: VERY poor customer service on changing to unlimited.

Hi Keith,
Sorry for the problems you've experienced with changing to the unlimited product. I've had a look over your account and can see that my colleagues weren't able to change you immediately due to a problem with our system. However they could have done this later in the day, I'll make sure they are aware of this in future.
I've now moved your account over to the Unlimited package for you, you'll be able to see this when you log in to our website.
Regards,
Chris
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
keithaf

Thank you for contacting me here and by phone today.  I appreciate you looking over this.  It's just a shame that such a public display needs to be made first.  As you say this appears to be down to communication or training and I'm sure you'll deal with it.
Please can you make sure that the pending payment is adjusted to reflect the new introductory price for this package?  I'll raise a ticket for this anyway.
Many thanks
Chris
Legend

Re: RESOLVED: VERY poor customer service on changing to unlimited.

As the payment is already pending I can't unfortunately change it, I'll keep an eye on it and give you the relevant refund as soon as the payment completes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: keithaf
Thank you for contacting me here and by phone today.  I appreciate you looking over this.  It's just a shame that such a public display needs to be made first.  As you say this appears to be down to communication or training and I'm sure you'll deal with it.
Please can you make sure that the pending payment is adjusted to reflect the new introductory price for this package?  I'll raise a ticket for this anyway.
Many thanks

They've got you on a long contract now.
Don't expect flexibility. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

scootie
Grafter

jameseh pushed my line on to unlimited after i got of the phone to a unhelpful cs guy.
me thinks the froum pn cs guys and girls should be payed abit of overtime to train these phone guys up to the froum standard of cs
VileReynard
Hero

Perhaps it's the South African connection?
Or did BT put you through to India?

Denzil
Grafter

All enquiries to PN are dealt with in the UK. As has been said in other threads, the South African call centre is only used for madasafish customers. You are calling PN, not BT, so will not be put through to anyone in India.
VileReynard
Hero

Really?
See Shena's contribution http://community.plus.net/blog/2009/02/19/thursday-19th-february/
It's on the Plusnet EOD...
No mention of curried fishes Cheesy

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If that is the case, why did CSC SA handle the highest number of calls ever in a day immediately following the Plusnet new product launch?
http://community.plus.net/blog/2009/02/19/thursday-19th-february/
Edit: Snap!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Denzil
Grafter

Apologies for the diversion to the OP's thread, but I was going by information from <a href="http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,58482.0.html">this thread</a>, amongst others.
If that has changed since then I'm sure someone from CS will let us know.
VileReynard
Hero

You're hardly to blame  Smiley since James was similarly labouring a similar misapprehension only a year ago Cheesy
Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Jeremy,
We have no plans to outsource our CSC to South Africa, nor do we have any plans to move the CSC out in SA over here.
I can fully appreciate how there would be concerns regarding this.
All PlusNet support continues to be UK based.

Chris
Legend

Just to let you know that I'm still keeping an eye on that ticket for you Keith, and I'll refund the necessary asap.
Not applicable

Interested to see that the OP has received an email about the new products. Has everyone received these? I only ask because I wouldn't have known about the changes had I not been a forum reader. BTW my billing date was the 21st and the change to Value has gone through seamlessly - thank you PN.
James
Grafter

I believe the email will be from one of our affiliates rather than ourselves.