cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick enough to take my £70, but been left in the dark for dates ever since

Liammasters

Quick enough to take my £70, but been left in the dark for dates ever since

I'm a little upset with the service so far that I have been provided by Plusnet. Multiple times I have been told that I will be contacted and have not heard anything. Tomorrow I'm meant to have my internet service up and running and I very much doubt that it's going to happen.
Firstly, I received an email (Email ref: E0703) saying a phone engineer would contact me in 48 hours and I thought the ball was rolling on the 24th July. Did not hear anything.
I paid for the service on the 10th July. Ever since my order tracker has been stuck at confirming my details. Obviously I suspected that this was a bit odd and that I hadn't been contacted at all regarding this, so I reached out to web chat support and was told that it was indeed a fault somewhere and was told to ring up to talk to someone instead. 28th July I rang up. After waiting on the phone for 40 minutes I spoke to Matt (Question 108371062) and explained my concern. He politely addressed my issue and placed me on hold to see what was going on. He then told me he would need to contact Openreach regarding some maintenance that was carried out a recently in my area. I was told my question was put on hold to 31st July, and that I would hear back from someone. All I received was an email informing me I would be updated on the 1st August as the ticket had been put on hold for a  further 24 hours - did not hear anything since regarding this. I'd like to add as well my router had not been delivered and I had to prompt for its delivery over the telephone.
Contacted web chat support Friday asking what was going on but the reply I got suggested they had no idea. I did however get a text saying I would be updated yesterday regarding Openreach. But surprise surprise, no one contacted me.
This is 3 times I've been let down and makes me question my broadband decision. I understand that the lines are owned by Openreach and there may have been a genuine issue, but the customer service I have received so far has been nothing short of appalling and left a bitter taste in my mouth considering the joining fee I've had to pay. And I already got stung with the email stating the bump of line rental, for a line that's still not even active one bit! Once again I am going to have to ring up as I have no idea now what is going on with no updates coming my way - I can see that this is going to keep dragging on without constant nudging. It's a shame as the friend who recommended me to try Plusnet had nothing but good things to say. Seems I've been unlucky. I need internet pronto!
Please sort this Plusnet.
UPDATE 03/08/15: Been back onto web chat and told to wait another 48 hours. So a total of 192 hours/8 days to wait for an update from Openreach now!? Running out of DVDs to watch! Sad
Looks like my exchange is fine too: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?ac=Q37soU9Yze21c96qGK47lc8l1H5vqf57waXbgA%2BNDyh9C%2Fqb9...
9 REPLIES 9
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Quick enough to take my £70, but been left in the dark for dates ever since

Hi Liam,
Really sorry to see the delay. I have just been in contact with Openreach, as it's unfortunately something on their side. Your case has been escalated, though they're advising that a survey will be needed to assess the capacity of the build up to your property.
Is your house a new build at all?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Liammasters

Hi Matty
It's a flat above some shops, I wouldn't say it's a new building - probably 10 years old. I have neighbors who have internet with BT and a BT master socket already installed.
Hope this helps.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Cheers.
In which case, we should have a date reasonably soon. Apologies for the hassle it's causing so far.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Liammasters

Fingers crossed then! Thanks for looking.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: MattyC
...they're advising that a survey will be needed to assess the capacity of the build up to your property.

Hi Matty,
Is this a NSP order?  Is there a risk here of a "surprise" survey fee of £320 from BTOR, similar to one one they sprung on me for a NSP survey?
Also need to ensure that any A55 arising from the survey is acted upon before BTOR send out a 'standard' installation engineer (multiple times).
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
some posts removed and shifted to https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139693.new.html#new
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Confirmed from PN that this wasn't an NSP order.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Liammasters

Continued here. Yup still dealing with this rubbish.
Carl192

Same problem here Liam, only they have got over £200 from me for a years 'phone line and all I get is "There has been a delay to your phone line order"!.... What do they mean? I thought the money I have already paid them formed part of their contract, (order), to supply me. If Virgin is in your area switch to them. At least they get things done>