cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions to be asked to new customers.

drw
Grafter

Questions to be asked to new customers.

Following on from rDNS issue I think that the sign up forms for the various services should include the following questions
Do you want the rDNS status to be anonymous
What status do you want yout telephone number to be
  Ex directory, directory only, Directory Inquires only, or fully visible.
Other questions to be identified based on the number of Tickets raised on a common issues.  PN know the topics that are asked and can get them identified in the customer set up process.
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Questions to be asked to new customers.

Regarding rDNS - that only applies when moving to a fixed IP (doesn't affect new customers) so the request for a fixed IP should certainly include the option request route
Regarding Ex-Directory - the default is Ex Directory (that was a new one on me and makes the Telephone Directory of somewhat doubtful benefit) so the question is at what stage you make the customer aware of the options - I would suggest that it should be part of the Welcome Pack
Estragon
Rising Star

I vaguely remember a discussion a while ago in the other place Jim, about ex-directory choice. Or maybe it was here.
IIRC it seemed the vast majority of new lines in the UK are requested to be so designated. Just we oldies who think of that as strange.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

And with automated random dialers probably not as effective as people think.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gswindale
Grafter

I've always been ex-directory.  For 33+ years now.
I don't tend to get much issue with automated diallers picking our number; however my parents who are also ex-directory do.  I suspect that this is because their phone number is available elsewhere  Sad
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Thanks for the idea, flagged it for attention internally so here's hoping Smiley We'll let you know if anything is due to happen. As ever with these things though it won't be quick.