cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about my new line

Pretender
Grafter

Questions about my new line

Yo sorry about this, i ordered broadband on friday i accidently gave the wrong mac code, i gave them the right one on monday, internet back up on tuesday but the site still says the line needs to be active, am i still on my old bt line at the moment or is this plus.net yet?
i have checked the usage and it still hasnt shown anything on there, i am not sure whereever i can go mental one last time on the bt line or i am on plus.net and they just havent activated my usage plan yet.
and if i am on a plus.net line if i use alot of bandwidth will it even show up on the usage due to the line saying it is still activating?
also i was wondering because my homehub is working which is nice so i just wanted to double check that i am on the plus.net line with the home hub
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Questions about my new line

Hi there,
You'll still be on the BT line at the moment, as I understand it your migration to us is due to complete on the 30th.
Hope that helps,
Pretender
Grafter

Thank you, gonna use as much bandwidth before i go down to 10 gbs. :D.
Also. would i be able to switch to the 11.99 a month tariff and keep the 4 months free?, or would changing it void it as i used it on the 5.99.
if not dont worry, ill just have to ration ;D. was watching a youtube vid eating up Mbs Cheesy
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Hi Pretender,
Do you have another router lined up for after you've switched to PN? I'm willing to be corrected, but as far as I know the BT Home Hub won't work with other ISPs without some pretty complex faffing around.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Pretender
Grafter

yeah i have a old router a zoom x5v though it doesnt have any wireless which is gonna be annoying!!.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

OK, you won't be completely stuffed after changeover then.  Smiley
Oh, and welcome to Plusnet - I'm sure you'll like it here.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)