cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question #91856476 and one unhappy wife.

flexo1966
Grafter

Question #91856476 and one unhappy wife.

Having had months of problems with plusnet they finally agreed to give me my mac code without me having to pay stupid money for it.
So I told the wife that we could move ISP and did she have any preference. The reply was that it had taken over 3 months to get the internet up and running and there was no way that she was going to go through with that again.
Fast forward 6 weeks to last Wednesday morning (17-9-14) and the kids are complaining that they cannot get on the school website to complete their homework.
When I get home as well as having no internet the phone is dead as well !
So I tell the wife that she will have to ring up as I was not willing to spend hours of my time waiting for someone to answer. So using my mobile she said she would sort it out. 30 minutes later she comes back in and is complaining that no one has answered.  So when I said welcome to the plusnet customer service and started laughing she was less than impressed. So after 43 minutes (I later checked my phone) she gave up and drove the kids 5 miles to my dads house.
The next day she tried twice to get in touch but didn't have the patience or time to wait for an answer. So between me laughing the kids moaning and her driving the kids backwards to my dads she said she was happy to change ISP. With a smile on my face I said sorry but the mac code has run out and we cannot change. Then with questions, why this, why that, oh I did laugh. So on Friday when I got home I rang up and spoke to a very down beat young lady who asked me about the problems I was having. She told me that there had been a lot of outages and the call waiting times had gone through the roof. Still she, was polite and listened to what I had to say.
She ran a line check and said there was a problem and she would open a ticket (still cannot see the point of them) but it would be Tuesday (23-9-14) before it would looked at. A few hours later our phone service was restored but the internet was still dead.
I then received a new ticket stating that the original ticket( Tuesday (23-9-14) had now been put back to the 24th  Grin .
This information was relayed to the wife who is normally a very calm person but for some reason became a very angry person.  Crazy How can this be ? she moaned. Oh how I laughed more.
I would like to thank plusnet once again for their unbelievably poor service in ever department (except for the young lady I spoke to on Friday) This has been a great source of amusement for me  Smiley
For the record my phone call on Friday lasted for exactly 47 minutes from start to finish.

plusnet we'll do you proud !!!!!
17 REPLIES 17
flexo1966
Grafter

Re: Question #91856476 and one unhappy wife.

Well link:censored me if my 76Meg b/b has been turned back on. Grin          

plusnet we'll do you proud  Grin

adie:red avoidance of swear filter removed
flexo1966
Grafter

Oh dear phone on b/b now cut off again. Sad
          plusnet we'll do proud !!!
AndyH
Grafter

You do realise that moving providers will not fix your phone line fault issues?
Although PN are your supplier, the issue is with Openreach.
flexo1966
Grafter

There you go again blaming your customer. It's never your fault is it.
I wanted to move ISP but the Dementor refused.
So here I am for the next 14 months spouting off about all of plusnets short coming and to be honest I just don't give a hoot anymore.
I don't want hear about BTOR I want the service I am paying for.
If BTOR or anyone else you care to blame your faults on cannot do there job, why are you not chasing them. You are owned by BT anyway so at the end of the day you are blaming yourself.
And why have plusnet still got that fat bloke running about on the adverts drumming up more business when they clearly cannot deal with the customers they have got. Customer service is a complete joke, 47 minutes I waited on the phone on Friday for an answer.
What would happen if I decided to pay plusnet for the days service I have had this month. they would be down on me like a ton of bricks demanding money.
When I go on review sites and describe the appalling service I have had you answer quicker than it takes me to phone customer service.
As for my phone line it is brand new and runs to just one socket in the house.

Grin plusnet we'll do you proud Grin
JohnJ-B
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Although PN are your supplier, the issue is with Openreach.

Yes & No!!
NO CUSTOMER can have an issue with Openreach, because Openreach are legally sub-contractors of the relevant ISP! As far as the individual User is concerned, Openreach could be non-existent!
Whilst I would agree that it is about time that a combination of ISPs & Ofcom should be jumping all over Openreach, it is STILL down to the ISP to resolve the issues (albeit, in the best way they can), whilst trying to minimise/mitigate the consequences onto the Customer.
Failing to answer tickets, pushing tickets further back down the queue (when updated/queried), subjecting Customers to unreasonable Phone Holding times are NOTHING to do with Openreach - these are TOTALLY at the door of PN! (NB:- As far as I can tell, most of the OP's concerns are about lack of contact/action by PN)
If PN considers that an issue has been exacerbated, by the poor performance of Openreach, then they should be open/honest with the User & ALSO identify what actions they are taking to escalate it within Openreach!
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: JohnJ
NO CUSTOMER can have an issue with Openreach, because Openreach are legally sub-contractors of the relevant ISP! As far as the individual User is concerned, Openreach could be non-existent!

Nonsense. Of course an end user can have issue with Openreach.
The fact remains that the OP can move ISPs (he is wrong when he states he cannot), however if he has a line fault, then he will take that line fault with him to his next ISP.
The OP has had multiple opportunities to leave PN, but he has chosen not to move. He then continually complains about their service, yet he never comes here looking for help. This I fail to understand.
JohnJ-B
Grafter

Nonsense. Of course an end user can have issue with Openreach.
The fact remains that the OP can move ISPs (he is wrong when he states he cannot), however if his has a line fault, then he will take that line fault with him to his next ISP.
The OP has had multiple opportunities to leave PN, but he has chosen not to move. He then continually complains about their service, yet he never comes here looking for help. This I fail to understand.

How does a User have an "issue with Openreach"??
Just how is a User supposed to contact Openreach to raise discuss this so-called Openreach Issue? If you can clarify just how a User is supposed to contact Openreach (which has NO User-Facing contacts) then I might consider your comment of " Nonsense" to be valid!
Obviously, since Openreach is effectively a Sub-Contractor of PN, then PN can (& often does) have an "issue with Openreach" - but the User can ONLY have an issue with PN.
As to the OP not choosing to leave PN until the issue is resolved, surely he really doesn't have much of a realistic choice - unless he wants to start again (from scratch) trying to get his issue resolved! To quote yourself:-
AndyH
Grafter

Well seeing as Openreach's responsibility is the final mile (i.e. from the exchange to your property), any fault in that part of the network lies with Openreach and they are the only ones who can fix the problem.
I never said an end user could report a fault with Openreach directly, even Plusnet cannot deal directly with Openreach. Any complaint about service ultimately ends going back to Openreach - they are the ones who provide answers and give compensation.
As I have already mentioned, the OP created multiple threads about wanting to leave PN. He has been given that opportunity on two occasions now, without any penalty, yet he has decided to stay. This was his choice.
The PN staff on here have tried to assist the OP, but it looks like he does not want help. He only wants to complain that no one is trying to help him...
JohnJ-B
Grafter

Well seeing as Openreach's responsibility is the final mile (i.e. from the exchange to your property), any fault in that part of the network lies with Openreach and they are the only ones who can fix the problem.

We are all fully aware that PN depends on Openreach, as a Sub-Contractor, to provide its Service, but I'm NOT clear as to why there is a need to keep lecturing the OP on this point!! Whether it is Openreach, or any other Sub-Contractor, is effectively (or should be) totally transparent to the OP! Hence the "issue" is with PN (albeit that they need to "manage" their Sub-Contractor)
I never said an end user could report a fault with Openreach directly, even Plusnet cannot deal directly with Openreach. Any complaint about service ultimately ends going back to Openreach - they are the ones who provide answers and give compensation.

That is a totally "internal" issue within PN &, NO, it is PN who will give compensation NOT Openreach.
As I have already mentioned, the OP created multiple threads about wanting to leave PN. He has been given that opportunity on two occasions now, without any penalty, yet he has decided to stay. This was his choice.
The PN staff on here have tried to assist the OP, but it looks like he does not want help. He only wants to complain that no one is trying to help him...

You give him advice that he should NOT leave (at least until his "issues" have been resolved completely, by PN) &, when he heeds that advice, you apparently criticise him for not taking advice!! Sorry, I'm unable to comprehend your logic!
Without going back through all of the OP's posts, I will stick to the main issues that the OP raises in this post:-
1) He is frustrated with endless delays on the Phone - a very common complaint on this Forum, which is NOT down to Openreach.
2) Never getting consistent responses from PN - a very common complaint on this Forum, which is NOT down to Openreach.
3) Intermittent/unreliable Service - probably ultimately an Openreach problem, but requires PN to keep on top of the issue UNTIL PN has satisfied THEMSELVES that the issue is fully addressed/resolved (NOT simply re-classifying a recurrence as a new fault) & then clarified/explained the situation to the OP.

Yes, I could simply criticise the OP, but I cannot see any issue that couldn't have been dealt with more effectively/efficiently by PN!
AndyH
Grafter

You give him advice that he should NOT leave (at least until his "issues" have been resolved completely, by PN) &, when he heeds that advice, you apparently criticise him for not taking advice!! Sorry, I'm unable to comprehend your logic!

Where have I said he should not leave? You keep making assumptions.
It doesn't affect me one bit whether he stays or goes. I am just pointing out to the OP that line faults do not generally get resolved by changing ISPs. Some people on here seem to think that a faulty phone/broadband service is an issue with Plusnet, when it is not the case.
What I find strange is that the OP creates thread after thread and post after post, complaining about Plusnet's service and how he wants to leave. He then gets given the opportunity to leave, twice, and he does not take it.
Yes, I could simply criticise the OP, but I cannot see any issue that couldn't have been dealt with more effectively/efficiently by PN!

Obviously, you're not aware of the OP's history on these forums. There have been repeated occasions when members of staff and forum users have tried to help the OP, but he either does not answer them or he does not provide the information asked.
flexo1966
Grafter

OP still having to use Virgin Media via Bluetooth.          Grin Grin Grin     
Work tomorrow, looking forward to internet next Wednesday. Happy times.......pmsl

flexo1966
Grafter

HEY PRESTO !!
76Meg b/b back on again Cheesy
phone not working though Sad

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi flexo1966,
Our faults team are still monitoring this, and the estimated resolution date is for 23/09/14.
Really sorry for the downtime you're incurring. Hopefully this will be sorted on the sooner side of the ERT.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
flexo1966
Grafter

Well Mr BTOR has been and sorted my telephone.
My 76Meg "super fast fibre" is still running at just over 10Meg but Mr BTOR man says I have to give it a few days.
We'll see Undecided

Grin plusnet we'll do you proud  Grin