Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of Service Page replacement

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Quality of Service Page replacement

@LouisaMartin wrote:

Fault duration - the average duration between when we raised a fault to our supplier (BT Wholesale or Openreach) to when the supplier told us the fault was cleared. (sometimes including an engineer visit). The customer’s actual downtime may have been less than this.

Thanks for the confirmation that this is going to be a total fudge, purely intended to put lipstick on the pig.

What matters to customers is how long a fault takes to be fixed from when the customer reports it. As we all know there are often days between a fault being reported to you and you actually raising the the fault with BTw/OR and you are deliberately discounting that from the reporting!

Only a totally marketing focused organisation could come up with something as deceitful as this!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MauriceC - Well I didn’t know that and that the use of open source and proprietary software is commendable to say the least, but if scalability is an issue maybe walking, or even jogging before running should be a consideration.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@dvorak  My contribution is in pointing out that changing the page(s) will not affect any of the core problems facing the company, merely paint a better marketing view.

Back on topic.  Change the page if you wish, it serves little purpose.  Removal altogether would be a cheaper and equally acceptable option.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@MauriceC wrote:

Removal altogether would be a cheaper and equally acceptable option.

It would be more honest than stats designed to give an artificially rosy picture!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@jelv well it looks like that is what PN wants to do , so it looks better on their awards

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Afternoon Everyone

Thanks for all the feedback you’ve given on the both the new Quality of Service page and old Call Stats page.

As a result of this we’ve decided to keep the Call Stats page live, so people can see the live call wait times. I don’t think this page is as good as it can be therefore, I’m looking at how we can remove the Longest Wait Time altogether, so it doesn’t look like this feed is broken all the time.

I’m also going to ensure we have someone take responsibility for the Question Handling and Connection Faults areas, so we can make sure these are updated on a more regular basis and therefore appropriate to show.

For the time being we have decided not to show the Quality of Service page, whilst we take further time to review the data within it.

Thanks again guys, we really do appreciate your feedback and action it.

Louisa

Louisa
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@LouisaMartin,

Are you able to share why it's difficult to get the "issues" with these stats fixed ... Rather than ditching the unreliable bits?  It's technology, it can't be that difficult - worse case is a rewrite of the integration code.

Does Residential and Business have different phone / call management technology?  It would be a surprise if they did - so why does one show longest current call wait whilst the other does not?  How are the systems / the integration code different?  Is it a data volume issue?

Has @Pettitto looked at it?  He can fix anything or knows who can, there being a management will to permit it to be fixed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.