cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pusnet Hub repeatedly showing orange light and losing Internet connection for most of the time

shajnab

Pusnet Hub repeatedly showing orange light and losing Internet connection for most of the time

I joined Plusnet early in the year. At first, things were OK, the hub would show a blue light and I would have a internet connection. Then, things started to go wrong. The Hub would turn orange and I would lose Internet connection for no apparent reason. All devices in my house would show bars and say "connected but no internet". I would repeatedly have to go through the cycle of choosing options such as "single socket", "DSL connection" and "more than 24 hours since installation". Then it would take me to the hub manager where I would have to sign in and it would tell me that I'm not connected to the internet and to sign in with my plusnet account username and password. After repeatedly signing in, it would just keep going to the same sign in page and kept telling me that I'm not connected. Then, at random times, it would reconnect and the hub manager would disappear. This whole cycle of connecting and reconnecting was spontaneous. It would just randomly happen and I would just have to go through the cycle over and over. I never did anything about it as it wouldn't last for days and every time I was about to ring Plusnet, the Internet would return again. However, now, the Hub is staying orange for the majority of the time, only going blue for a few minutes - if I'm lucky.

All in all, the whole Plusnet experience has been a nightmare. I'm just glad that the contract will run out soon - I will return to TalkTalk. There was nowhere near as much hassle with them. I'm writing this post at a relative's house because I can't even use the WiFi at my own house. Can't wait to be rid of Plusnet!

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Pusnet Hub repeatedly showing orange light and losing Internet connection for most of the time

Sorry to hear that. Your connection is very intermittent:

Our tests are showing a potential issue which may be caused by your internal wiring or equipment.

Can you run through the checks here and if you still experience problems please report a fault to us here?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shajnab

Re: Pusnet Hub repeatedly showing orange light and losing Internet connection for most of the time

I still have connection dropouts. However, at the moment, I have managed to get a VERY slow connection. I used a speed checker and got 0.9 Mbps with the normal master socket.

I then used the "test socket" as outlined in the "Testing from the Master socket" article and got 1.7 Mbps. To be honest, I think this is ridiculous as I have the Plusnet Fibre package. I'm just tired of these constant problems. Could someone please help me out?

P.s. 

I can't do a phone line check as there is no telephone used at my house.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Unfortunately even fibre broadband can be affected by internal wiring, sometimes more so than standard broadband.

I'd recommend reporting a fault to us using the link above so we can look into this further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@shajnab wrote:

I'm just tired of these constant problems. Could someone please help me out?

P.s. 

I can't do a phone line check as there is no telephone used at my house.

You could help yourself a great deal by obtaining (buy or borrow) a phone hand set - regardless of if you want to make calls, they are an essential diagnostic tool.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.